Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Deadlift Style- Post Back Injury

fifteyfive91

I injured my mid-back in June and have laid off deadlifting since. The injury was not serious, a couple months at the chiropractor helped, but it's my second go around with the same problem area and I wanna get back to the deads. My question for you guys is have any of you gone from traditional stance deads to sumo style in order to help avoid recurring back problems. If so has it helped? I'm approximately 6'-2", so I'm thinking I may switch to Sumo style to see if that helps.

BTW, the original injury occurred due to poor form in front squats. I'm not really sure how the second injury in June occurred, it just mainly flared up. I considered poor stretching as a main reason, but overall I maintain strict form in my deads so I don't believe that to be an issue. Any advice is appreciated.

Perhaps this is more about your form and back weakness?

(Been there before)

HAve any video or pics of the lift?

Hi Guys I posted a few weeks ago and never got a response, havent been able to find any posts on the subject either. So I figured Id try again since you guys are knowledgable. Ive been doing the Hack Lift regularly with my deadlifts(deadlift with bar behind legs) Once a week. I have found my strength to increase greatly with this movement. I recently pulled 565lbs off the floor using this style. wheres as my best dead off the floor is only 465. Was curious to know what a good number to shoot for on the hacklift would be, since I dont see anyone doing it, and also what its good for. Has become my favorite lift. Any information would be extremely helpful ThanX

I wouldnt worry what everybody else is lifting. If you already nailed 565 aim for 600........then 650 etc. Just keep moving forward.

WalkingBeast said:
Hi Guys I posted a few weeks ago and never got a response, havent been able to find any posts on the subject either. So I figured Id try again since you guys are knowledgable. Ive been doing the Hack Lift regularly with my deadlifts(deadlift with bar behind legs) Once a week. I have found my strength to increase greatly with this movement. I recently pulled 565lbs off the floor using this style. wheres as my best dead off the floor is only 465. Was curious to know what a good number to shoot for on the hacklift would be, since I dont see anyone doing it, and also what its good for. Has become my favorite lift. Any information would be extremely helpful ThanX

AS you can tell by my name .. I have never been there lol

L-4 L-5 here ( just like everyone else I guess) Chiropractor,

Arched Back G.M's,. Arch Back G.M's, Arch Back G.M;s is what saved me.. (along with heavy ab work) I injured myself before finding WSB and I credit them with preventing me a Surgeons bill , discovering the Arch Back G.m;s, and GPP fixed me, although everyone is different.. started Band G.M's(high reps--GPP) and slowly worked my way up to 315+(over the course of 12 mos) .. I think it strengthened/tightened the surrounding structures helping to hold in and stabilze the discs..I still feel them move in and out in a minor fashion but nothing like it use to be.

BTW I have always been Sumo and didint change

for what its worth thats my cure.. will send you the bill:p

P.S

I did switch to conventional post injury just for the heck of it to experiment with stances myself.. I felt the back strain equally in both stances although I guess you arent suppose to in Sumos
( suppose to be more on hips-posterior chain) Therefore I think if you have a Back Injury , I think you should use whatever stance is the most comfortable not necessarily the one that is the strongest..(if it is the weaker stance , work with it to make it just as strong) with no back injury I think you should lift whichever stance is the strongest... good luck

P.S if you can find a Grostic style chiropractor and good ART therapist they will do wonders

ThanX for the reply Dutch I agree. Its a difficult lift to research, information has been scarce, so was just curious to learn more about it since its my strongest free weight movement. Anyone else have any views on the Hack Lift? ThanX again

Top Bottom