Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

deadlift and stalling

raneyer

My deadlift has gotten to 4 plates then stalled out, I’ve stunk at deadlifts for a while now, maybe it is due to my short limbs I dunno. But it is one of my weaker lifts. I was thinking of gradually adding a little weight every 5 days when I do them to trick the body that way. Or is there another trick you recommend

You should keep at this weight for a few months then add 2.5lbs every few weeks to get up there in weight

that strategy may work in the short term but it will not work long term. not how our bodies are built and if it was true you could just add a little weight weekly and after 5 years be able to lift 1000 pounds like magic.

the best advice i can give you is build consistency at a lower weight

My deadlift has gotten to 4 plates then stalled out, I’ve stunk at deadlifts for a while now, maybe it is due to my short limbs I dunno. But it is one of my weaker lifts. I was thinking of gradually adding a little weight every 5 days when I do them to trick the body that way. Or is there another trick you recommend

bro i clapped 500 yesterday on the deadlift RAW. you gotta hit it hard

Isn't adding weight, even a little every 5 days, kinda what you're supposed to do? How's that different from normal progression?

I would probably take a week or 2 off of doing deadlifts, then start with a slightly lower weight and add 5lbs each time you lift. You will gradually work up from there.

Top Bottom