Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

deadlift and squats

Skinnyarms

I have been starting to do deadlifts after my squat workout is this a good idea, or will I burn my back out? should I go heavy or light with the dead lifts I have been training in the 10-12 range for both squats a deads, and seriously hurting for the next few days, but I am getting stronger everyweek

i do deadlift and squats, i do squats every week and deads about everyother week. i jus go as heavy as i can and with good form.

the only experience iv ever had with doing squats and deads consequitively is the only time ive ever been injured doing them.

it didnt even do them on the same day, i did heavy squats the day before a back day and then did deadlifts, very light, focused on form, cause i didnt want to get hurt. well i still fucked myself over really bad and pulled my fuckin back, glute, and ham on my right side.

iv also seen someone do 3 sets of squats in the high 200's and then pull 500 for a single right after. no problems.

all im gunna say is be careful when your doing heavy compounds that work alot of the same muscle groups close together. test the waters lightly and see how your body can handle it.

I do dead lifts at the end of my back workout becuz it allows me to do the excersize and get a good workout from it without having to put a few hundred pounds on althought it could all be relative. I just pretty much use moderate heavy weight and very very very strict form and i just make that my back finisher.

Personally I would never do deadlifts and squats on the same day... In fact I would make sure I had at least one day in between them... Both are such taxing movements on so many large muscle groups (not to mention a bunch of stabilizing ones) so I would never do them on the same day because the one you are doing 2nd (in this case deadlifts) will suffer.

That being said, I guess it is all relative to how much effort you are giving and how important performing these lifts at or close to your maximal capacity are to you.

Personally I would space them out a few days apart in the week. (for example Deadlifts on Tuesday, Squats on Friday)

I often perform squats and deads on the same day as well as olympic style good mornings, and power cleans. Listen to your body and know when to stop. If you are having a great workout and feel strong, there is no reason not to push yourself just because it is squat day.

blackpanther said:
Personally I would space them out a few days apart in the week. (for example Deadlifts on Tuesday, Squats on Friday)

exactly!! space them out by a few days!! they both hit alot of the same muscles and both tax the lower back pretty hard!!

Top Bottom