Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Deadlift Question

Mike_Rojas

My sticking point is either dead bottom or 1 or 2 inches off the ground. I can pull significantly more from knee height. According to b fold, you need to find your weakness and hammer it - so what is my weakness? Hams, hips, erectors - I'm not sure.

I do know what has helped me with the initial pull (and it's no longer my weak area), have been powercleans. High pulls are another thing that would help you.

And at that point, it's usually hammies. Work on GM, reverse hypers, glute-ham raises, also.

slinky: I thought it was probably weak hams. I've just started GM, reverse hypers, and glute-ham raises so hopefully my problem will go away soon :)

bigstve: thanks for the tip - but I haven't been training it heavy. What I described is the rare occasion when I max out.

Another factor is speed. I rely on speed to get the weight off the floor. Once it's in motion, I'm generally good to go.

bigstve12 said:
try using less weight for a while

yeah thats a really good idea........... im sorry but is this sarcasitic or supposed to be funny......... cause that really burns me if your just trying to be a butt......... if not please dont take offense to it. but if it is then just dont post!!!

but mike is trying to get help.

i digress...............

Mike: do the exercises slinky put up. but an off the wall that helped me since i have the same sticking point. i stand on a block to raise the distance that i pull from. that way i get stronger in a much greater rom, then go back to pulling from the floor and the carryover is very good.

X

Top Bottom