Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Deadlift Pr

Thanks to all! Im going for 600 next week. Im getting a digital video camera and will post vids soon. I want people to see my newly remodeled gym too. Just got a bunch of free motion, epic and hammer equipment :)

BIGDHO said:
Thanks to all! Im going for 600 next week. Im getting a digital video camera and will post vids soon. I want people to see my newly remodeled gym too. Just got a bunch of free motion, epic and hammer equipment :)

very nice.

a question and a comment:

How did you measure your bf?

You mispelled an important word in your location.... ;)

BIGDHO said:

This shit is PUMPING me the FUCK up brother!! Love it!! KILL that 600!! I definately want to see that footage next week!! Im considering deadlifting off the floor for a little while and seeing where Im at. I should be around 525 Im guessing. Wheres your gym located? Id come down if it was in florida. Sounds nice! Keep KILLING that shit!!

3 questions...and no half-a-clue comments please.

Whats does lifting it RAW mean?
Do you guys normally start on the rack or the floor? and does it make a difference? I currently start off the rack and go down to touch the floor, lock out and that is one rep.

halfaclue said:

Do you guys normally start on the rack or the floor? and does it make a difference? I currently start off the rack and go down to touch the floor, lock out and that is one rep.

RAW is without any equipment. Mainly bench shirts or deadlift suits. I switch it up between rack and floor. Ill go up to a one rep max each week on the rack. When I fail my max attempts for a few weeks in a row, Ill switch back to the floor until I hit a plateau. Then back to the rack again. I went from 405-510 in 14 months training this way. Ahhhh, now I see what you mean. I used to train this way also, but then noticed blood vessels coming out of my knees walking backward with 500lbs. Yes, it definately makes a difference. The extra momentum allows you to lift much more weight. For me it added about 40lbs. I later switched to deadlifting off the rack. Hope that helps

WalkingBeast said:
RAW is without any equipment. Mainly bench shirts or deadlift suits. I switch it up between rack and floor. Ill go up to a one rep max each week on the rack. When I fail my max attempts for a few weeks in a row, Ill switch back to the floor until I hit a plateau. Then back to the rack again. I went from 405-510 in 14 months training this way. Ahhhh, now I see what you mean. I used to train this way also, but then noticed blood vessels coming out of my knees walking backward with 500lbs. Yes, it definately makes a difference. The extra momentum allows you to lift much more weight. For me it added about 40lbs. I later switched to deadlifting off the rack. Hope that helps

So I should switch it up between lifting from the floor and the rack. Thanks that does answer my question...now do straps count as equipment or do you guys have pop-eye forearms lifting 600lbs without them??

KillahBee said:
very nice.

a question and a comment:

How did you measure your bf?

You mispelled an important word in your location.... ;)

I use a system we bought for our trainers but www.bodycomp.com website works too.

I cant spell to save my life :)

By the way I like your avatar..........We have a bunch of nuns in our town. Id love to show them that.

halfaclue said:
So I should switch it up between lifting from the floor and the rack. Thanks that does answer my question...now do straps count as equipment or do you guys have pop-eye forearms lifting 600lbs without them??

Yes, I think youll like the results of that alot. But let me explain. When I say the rack I mean the power rack, not taking the weight off the squat rack and down to the floor, then back up. I use the lowest setting on the power rack which is at upper shin level for me. I pull from that height until I plateau and then Ill switch to the floor. Much like your technique of descending from the rack and coming back up, this will increase the weight you can pull by over 60lbs. Atleast it works out this way for me, some people get more. So youll get to use even more weight on this variation then what your doing now. Then when you pull directly off the floor again, previous weights will feel alot lighter. Also it helps to get a good pair of flat shoes. The basic converse work great, or you can even deadlift in socks or barefoot. Regular athletic shoes tend to distribute the weight forward, and itll give you much better leverage to be pulling back with the weight. This made a big difference for me. A powerlifting belt is useful too. Not to mention the shoes will keep you low to the ground, most running shoes elevate you quite a bit. The lower you are to the ground, the less distance to pull. Id consider straps pretty raw. Its the bench shirts and squat suits that will really effect the lifts. My grip is nothing great, but youd be surprised how much you can grip using chalk and a mixed grip, rather then straps. I can grip over 700lbs this way, but still use the straps. Chalk tears the hell out of my hands on the higher reps. It works though. Youll still be working your grip plenty, even with straps. Hope that helps

halfaclue said:

Raw means nothing but me and the bar. No straps, no wraps, no belt, nada.

When I pull...the bar starts completely on the floor.

Pulling out of a rack is much easier. Picking it up out of a rack and walking it back and then starting from the top...is also much easier.

It is a DEADlift...and it should start on the floor...like dead weight.

B True

Top Bottom