Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

deadlift pain question

gonelifting

Elite Mentur
EF VIP
When deadlifting at the initial pull I get a sharp pain in the lower portion of my back. Actually right under the bottom of the lower lats. Is that due to improper form or the muscles being underconditioned? or maybe too tight?

It`s hard to explain exactly where it is, So you may have no idea what I`m talking about. I KNOW this is`nt enough info, but worth a shot. It`s been happening consistantly.

Maybe you arch your back way to much when you are about to pull it. Basically, you aren't using your lower back fully for the initial pull, just to lock out.
Also, do you lift with a belt? Belts help in that situation, it takes the pain away, but it really isn't help all that much.

WizKid25 said:
Maybe you arch your back way to much when you are about to pull it. Basically, you aren't using your lower back fully for the initial pull, just to lock out.
Also, do you lift with a belt? Belts help in that situation, it takes the pain away, but it really isn't help all that much.

No belt.
Frankly, I think that`s what I do. Arch my back because I`m worried about having the rounded back syndrome. lol I don`t want the lower back to do all the work at the end so I try to be even all through the pull.

Wiz, you may have hit it on the head there. thanks I`ll try not arching as much.

It`s not really arching but trying to be straight is more like it. I`m not sure. Never seen myself doing it.

Do you have any way to record yourself?

Not only will it allows others to see if you are lifting properly, but it will also help YOU to see whether you are lifting properly.
...chad...

cheesecake said:
Do you have any way to record yourself?

Not only will it allows others to see if you are lifting properly, but it will also help YOU to see whether you are lifting properly.
...chad...

Truer words were never spoken. I see the tremendous help people get when they show videotape, but I`m not ready for that yet. lol

I`m actually not even deadlifting now in this training cycle It`s just when I lift the bar to do shrugs or stuff like that, I deadlift it up. That`s when it hurts. go figure.

gonelifting said:

I`m actually not even deadlifting now in this training cycle It`s just when I lift the bar to do shrugs or stuff like that, I deadlift it up. That`s when it hurts. go figure.

Why put yourself in risk of a back injury? Does your gym have a powercage to use??? Lift off the pins, not the floor. You are wasting a load of energy, and risking a back injury!

WizKid25 said:

Why put yourself in risk of a back injury? Does your gym have a powercage to use??? Lift off the pins, not the floor. You are wasting a load of energy, and risking a back injury!

Yes I have a power rack, it`s my basement gym btw.

I should do that.

But that would`nt solve my deadlift problem when I eventually get to them. Or maybe the pain will just go away by then.

Actually I remember now it was about a month or so ago, I was doing RACK DEADS for the first time and they just did`nt feel right to me. I did them once and that was it. That`s when the pain started. Starting point was at knees or just above.

I posted about it btw, 405 for 4 or 5 reps I don`t remember. not bad for first time huh? lol

sounds like about the same problem i was having up until yesterday. I was overarching my back and it was putting alot of stress on my mid/lower spine.

Top Bottom