Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

deadlift injury help

Gill110

Someone pointed out to me at the gym that i was half assing my deadlifts because I wasn't doing enough weight. So of course I decided to add a plate to each side and then hit 5 reps at 250. By my 4th set i started feeling something wrong in my lower back, it doesn't feel like a disc issue but more like a cramp in my muscle. any idea what happened?

If it still feels off today assume some type of injury and rest it. Do not push through anything to do with your back. There is huge risk of making it worse.

Hopefully you can distinguish between muscular soreness and pain vs joint and ligament/tendon pain.

I've never seriously injured my back, but I have cramped and strained the spinal erectors before.

My guess is that one or both of your spinal erectors have seized up abit from having overdone it on the deadlifts.

I usually layoff from any exercises that require the lowerback - standing press, deadlifts, squats etc until it feels better.

Epsom salt baths and EASY stretching of the area until it feels "normal."

Top Bottom