Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Deadlift bar question

FFQuads

Anyone ever use that diamond shaped shoulder shrug bar that you stand in to deadlift with? I really like the feel! What is the difference? You have a different placement for grip and balance but that's all I see??? Better or worse? What do you think?

No real difference unless you compete. For the DL time under load is more important than how you hold the weight.

with the hex-bar your upper body stays more upright hence you wont use your lower back as much compared to "normal" DL and your legs get involved more.

Exactly to all points above.

Trap bar seems to work better for taller pullers.

Unless you are competing - it doesnt matter..also great for shrugs as well

petpre61 said:
with the hex-bar your upper body stays more upright hence you wont use your lower back as much compared to "normal" DL and your legs get involved more.

Maybe that's why I like it so much. I love those legs!

FFQuads said:
Anyone ever use that diamond shaped shoulder shrug bar that you stand in to deadlift with? I really like the feel! What is the difference? You have a different placement for grip and balance but that's all I see??? Better or worse? What do you think?
I have a trap bar, it's almost all I've ever used for deadlifting. I have back troubles so the less I have to bend the better. Best investment I've ever made, almost forces me to maintain perfect form.

musclemom said:
I have a trap bar, it's almost all I've ever used for deadlifting. I have back troubles so the less I have to bend the better. Best investment I've ever made, almost forces me to maintain perfect form.

YES.....it forces you to not hitch

Top Bottom