Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Deadlift

well i would say that's your beginning setup position. get your ass down, have the bar touching your legs, arch your back, and when you come up push up off your heels and thrust the air with your hips like you're fucking.

what do you feel your problem is?

square your body, stick your chest up. extend your arms... and lift using your legs. watch how its done by other people at the gym or look at some youtube videos.. practice with light weight, once you get the form down increase the weight

The inicial lift of the floor. Once it's up I don't have a problem. Will try yours and stevesmi's advice, I'm sure that is what I am doin.

i'm not too strong, but deadlift form is something i pride myself on and others often ask me to help them with their deadlift. The biggest mistake i see is people rounding their back at the end of the lift; your body should lockout simultaneously- legs, hips, back all at the same time. Make sure you squat enough, and steve brought up a good point to keep your arms straight. if you can video yourself, we could probably help you pinpoint exactly what's wrong.

Also, i'm going to respectfully disagree with steve to watch people DL at your gym. Sure, some people definitely have good form, but 99% of people in the gym have shitty deadlift form. I saw 3 people DL today at my gym and every single one of them rounded the shit out of their back. Just be weary of the advice you get at the gym because a lot of it is bullshit :)

i'm not too strong, but deadlift form is something i pride myself on and others often ask me to help them with their deadlift. The biggest mistake i see is people rounding their back at the end of the lift; your body should lockout simultaneously- legs, hips, back all at the same time. Make sure you squat enough, and steve brought up a good point to keep your arms straight. if you can video yourself, we could probably help you pinpoint exactly what's wrong.

Also, i'm going to respectfully disagree with steve to watch people DL at your gym. Sure, some people definitely have good form, but 99% of people in the gym have shitty deadlift form. I saw 3 people DL today at my gym and every single one of them rounded the shit out of their back. Just be weary of the advice you get at the gym because a lot of it is bullshit :)

Thanks man.

if your looking for an exercise to help, you could incorporate some low rep powercleans in your routine

of course.. you follow the regulars and guys who look jacked and not the scrawny 150 pound high school kids.

this is common sense.

Top Bottom