Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Deadlift

stand on a short box. like 2-6inch and deadlift from it. So you start in a deficit. You can build up to your current weight and when you take the boxes away your numbers are gonna explode

Its not my technique that's the problem. Basically it's wanting and being able to lift more. What iv heard so far is brilliant, gona def put these tips and exercises into practice.

Thanks lads.

Btw guys, the power clean should be slow(er) at the start of the pull. Once it passes ~the knees is when the explosion part happens.

Just a few thoughts:

A power clean is very slow off the floor and also has a much different technique than the deadlift...very little carry over.

Best things that you can do to increase your deadlift are:
Glute Ham Raises
Box Squats with Bands
Heavy full ROM Abs work
Front Squats

Yea powercleans? come on guys lets get a little more serious around here!

haha, yea i am not a scientist but I DO know that powercleans helped my deadlifts seem "lighter". I should have rephrased that. So with that said, I really did feel like when I picked heavier weight off the floor with the deadlift the weight seemed lighter in my hands than before.

All the other ideas are awesome as well.

Just a few thoughts:

A power clean is very slow off the floor and also has a much different technique than the deadlift...very little carry over.

Best things that you can do to increase your deadlift are:
Glute Ham Raises
Box Squats with Bands
Heavy full ROM Abs work
Front Squats

I'd like to add pullthroughs to that list. If you can get over the fact it looks like you're having sex with the air, it's really a nice movement for your glutes and it helped me to activate them more during my deadlift.

Yea powercleans? come on guys lets get a little more serious around here!

haha, yea i am not a scientist but I DO know that powercleans helped my deadlifts seem "lighter". I should have rephrased that. So with that said, I really did feel like when I picked heavier weight off the floor with the deadlift the weight seemed lighter in my hands than before.

All the other ideas are awesome as well.

i think i started doing powercleans INSTEAD of deadlifts for a while, so maybe it gave me a deload on deads and thats why i thought it helped.

i guess in reality it didnt thoug:biggrin:

Top Bottom