Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Are 'Dead lifts' a back exercise or a leg exercise?

I consider it a full body exercise that I perform on back day. Back and legs both get good stimulation, but so do the abs, traps, shoulders, etc.

i do them on leg day... really concentrate on the glutes throughout the motion... (i am female, if that makes a difference, i don't know)

basically it depends on the variation and where you concentrate the movement... with a slight change in form you can change where you emphasize... all depends on your goals

i know people that do deadlifts on their own separate day... but that's getting more into powerlifting and other areas...

It depends, Romanian deads ( Stiff legs) are lower back, glute, hamstring work, so they can be done on leg day, and not interfere with your back session.

If your doing sumo, or american deads, ( deep leg involvement, ) you will handle more weight through a deeper range of motion, and your quads and traps will get more work, as well as the muscles that run across the entire length of your spine. In this case, put your legs, and back work together since this exercise will be for both. E

Squats + Deads in same session = big no-no for moi.

I couldn't do it.

I do conventional deads on back day and squats on leg day.

I agree

back day

what about doing STIFF LEG DEADS on leg day and then DEADLIFTS on back day (1 days rest in between), is this a problem?

I just love deads, deadlift deadlift deadlift

I find deadlifts to be the superior exercise to start a good day for the back, gives you good pump and warms up the traps nicely.

I tend to split leg exercies over other "days", for instance I often squat and do moderate chest work the same day, reason being how much test squat releases into the body.

A Leg a day keeps the fat away ;)

Do you do chins for your back?

How does the deadlifting effect that?

Arent chins more important and shouldnt you do those BEFORE deadlift?

I only ask as I'm trying to fit deadlift in my back day which includes chins

Last edited:
Top Bottom