Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Dead Lift Grip

FOZY

When you do dead lifts do you grip the bar inside your stance or outside your stance( grip the bar inbetween your legs or outside your legs)

I have always griped inside my stance but recently started gripping outside me stance....DESTROYS my lower back so I went back to my way....Which way is correct? ? ?

thanks

foz

i just came back from my back workout, sumo style deadlifts are alright but get a 3 out of 5 for difficulty, go with the conventional deadlifts and you get 5 out of 5 for difficulty, go with your grip on the outside and you will thank me later, also you said your back hurts....do this. Once you lower the weight down, let it rest down on the ground for 1 or 2 seconds, get your posture and form right then MUSCLE it up dont yank, i hope you can visualize what im trying to say.

Many body types can do more weight with sumo but for overall development I go with conventional (hands outside).

To reiterate the excellent point above:

Don't bounce the bar - reset after every rep and let the bar rest totally on the ground. It's called the deadlift because the weight is 'dead' no momentum on the ground. I see so many guys repin' away when they can hardly break the weight from the floor.

Outside my stance for regular deadlifts and inside my stance for sumo style...

Good input on Dl's. I'll add, when doing conventionals, it is important to keep the bar as close to your shins as possible and keep your back arched---never rounded. Keep your ass low at the beginning of the movement.

Keep your arms extended (don't jerk them up)---easier with straps, and finish the movement with a pelvic thrust forward.

Top Bottom