Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

DE Upper body and Tire Flipping - 6/03

Exodus

High End Bro
Platinum
whoa,.............. this was a tough one. workout was fine, not too tough, but the tire made me feel about 2 feet tall, talk about a humbling exercise. much love goes out to clint, t3c, kingc-79, ofwolfandman, brian747479......... and the elusive cheese. i have flipped tires before at Bfolds, and at my house last week, but today was a duzzie.

DE Upper body.

Speed bench - 185 x 10 x 3. 275 x 1, and 295 x 0 (again too greedy)

decline elbow out ext - 50's x 4 x 8.

side db laterals - 25's x 3 x 10.

rear db laterals - 25's x 3 x 10.

then to work on grip work for the farmers i did two sets of the following. going from db, to the next db immediately.

120's for 20 sec. 95's for 20 sec. 70lbs for 15 sec. 45's for 20 sec. and then 20's for 35 sec. squeezing the thumb as tight as possible.

then went home and flipped my tire for 80 feet. i dont know time, becuase the contest is using Bfolds 550lb tire. Now, i have flipped the 675lb tire you have at your house Bfold, and my tire feels heavier or as heavy as that one. so im going with the low end. it was a 675lb tire for 80feet in about 2 minutes...... give or take 15 seconds.

now that im beat up, tired, and out of breath...... im going to eat......... and relax.

X

:) Good job man. Just hit the light cardio a few times between now and then...and stay injury free.

B True

My first tiime on the 675 i got it three flips, max effort every flip, video is on ryan brown's site i think. Now 6 mos. later i can get it 60 feet in just a little over 40 secs. just keep plugging at it. come up and get b to work on form with u, it is a form thing. gets easier every time.
good to see you training.
brian

Hey thats the plan.............. i will flip the tire again on saturday, and then again on monday. monday and tuesday will be my last days to workout...........then i will rest up untill saturday.

i will do some cardio on thursday as well............

and the only injury i have is the lack of skin on my biceps, thanks to the tire.

hey b, gotta question........... since your not competing, is there any way you would want to rent your belt and that blue pad? If not, i understand........ i just havent gotten to ordering them yet. i found jacalsgym to get the back support, and question......... is your belt from elitefts.com?

X

i always here if that tire makes marks on your shoulders, you are doing it right. i have on real ugly bruise on my bicep too this week:)

Exodus said:
Hey thats the plan.............. i will flip the tire again on saturday, and then again on monday. monday and tuesday will be my last days to workout...........then i will rest up untill saturday.

i will do some cardio on thursday as well............

and the only injury i have is the lack of skin on my biceps, thanks to the tire.

hey b, gotta question........... since your not competing, is there any way you would want to rent your belt and that blue pad? If not, i understand........ i just havent gotten to ordering them yet. i found jacalsgym to get the back support, and question......... is your belt from elitefts.com?

X

I should probably have all of my major training gear there that weekend. There should not be a problem using my belt(s).

The tire shouldn't be cutting into your biceps....but you shouldn't have any skin left on your shoulders (where your delts meet your chest).

I have ordered belts from Inzer and I believe that monstermuscle also has very good service.

B True

hmm....... i dont think my form is that bad, but again i have no one to look at it. but im doing it the way you showed me up at your house and it pulled skin off then too off the biceps. it did my shoulder too in ky, but i was wearing a shirt that didnt let that happen.

My form starts good, and then slowly gets a little off.

X

Not sure...I ususlly have to watch someone flip their tire several times to figure out what they are doing wrong. Everyone flips differently but I feel that there are some 'constants'.

B True

im pretty sure you would have to have closed your eyes on the last few, but i felt solid on doing them. besides i flipped the tire on sunday in stead of saturday so i only had 48 hours rest. my gpp is a big factor. maybe not for this contest by the time saturday gets here.......... but if i were to do the open, i would die

X

Exodus said:
im pretty sure you would have to have closed your eyes on the last few, but i felt solid on doing them. besides i flipped the tire on sunday in stead of saturday so i only had 48 hours rest. my gpp is a big factor. maybe not for this contest by the time saturday gets here.......... but if i were to do the open, i would die

X

:lmao:

Ryan is trying to get me to compete head to head against him on Friday afternoon on all of the events...to see where he stands and how things will flow for the contest...lol

B True

Top Bottom