x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -
puritysourcelabs.rudomestic-supply.com

dc training: small vs large muscle groups

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about dc training: small vs large muscle groups within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: Hi. I've been doing dc training for about 3 weeks now. the volume for all my muscle groups is the same: 1 rp set (3 times to failure). so, since the volume for all muscle groups is the same, it is more likely that i overtrain small muscle groups, right? but it is rather the other way round. my forearms and biceps have made great (strength) increases and aren't sore for pretty long. my chest, however, is sometimes (depends on the exercise) still sore when i am supposed to train it again.

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Good Broly

dc training: small vs large muscle groups

Hi.
    I've been doing dc training for about 3 weeks now.
    the volume for all my muscle groups is the same: 1 rp set (3 times to failure).
    so, since the volume for all muscle groups is the same, it is more likely that i overtrain small muscle groups, right?
    but it is rather the other way round. my forearms and biceps have made great (strength) increases and aren't sore for pretty long. my chest, however, is sometimes (depends on the exercise) still sore when i am supposed to train it again.

is this normal?
    what am i supposed to do now? lower the volume for my chest (for the particular exercise)? or lower the volume for everything? or just go on like that?

Sounds to me like your recovery takes a long time, in which case:
    1) Ensure you are properly warmed up.
    2) Ensure you do the stretches as prescribed by DC, in particular the chest stretch with dumbells.
    3) On the muscles groups which are taking long to recover, just try doing a straight set (no rest-pause), or no static holds on those exercises.

Good luck,
    EG