Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

DC Training - My log

Workout 5: (Calves, hamstrings, quads)

Did this a little different this time around after reading what CEO, SL and Future advised. Should be a little better. Started with calves, moved over to leg curls and then ended it with squats.

Calves:
Seated Calf raises:
45 lbs x 12
80 lbs x 10
115 lbs x 6
140 lbs x 4

165 lbs x 13
rest/pause
165 lbs x 9
rest/pause
165 lbs x 6

Hamstrings:
Leg curls:
80 lbs x 12
115 lbs x 10
125 lbs x 6
140 lbs x 4

155 lbs x 8
rest/pause
155 lbs x 3
rest / pause
couldnt lift it for the last set....my hams died out

Quads:
SQUATS: (Here comes the PAIN)
135 lbs x 12
185 lbs x 10
225 lbs x 6
275 lbs x 4 (last week I only did this for 2 reps...already I see an increase - please remember, I'm recovering from a knee / back injury)

135 x 20 reps ASS TO THE GROUND - this HURT!!!!

Stretched with sissy squats and ham extentions

oh, man...SO close! lol. DC doesn't prescribe RP for calves...necessarily...but really, whatever works for your calves man, just do it.

DC calves are one straight set, 12 reps, slow negative on each rep and a stretch after each rep. So, seated calf raises; rep 1: explode up, 5 second negative, 5 second stretch. But he has also talked about other ways of doing calves too. The high incline treadmill while leaning far forward is another "DC" way.

oh, man...SO close! lol. DC doesn't prescribe RP for calves...necessarily...but really, whatever works for your calves man, just do it.

DC calves are one straight set, 12 reps, slow negative on each rep and a stretch after each rep. So, seated calf raises; rep 1: explode up, 5 second negative, 5 second stretch. But he has also talked about other ways of doing calves too. The high incline treadmill while leaning far forward is another "DC" way.

Damn! ok, I'll switch up the calves and do straight sets. What about everything else? Did I get it down right?

Any ideas on how to get my squat and deadlifting numbers up? I used to be able to squat and deadlift 405 lbs for reps before last years injury if you remember when my foot slipped under me when i was deadlifting....not it hurts if I try to go heavy too quick...

Solid session.

I too rest pause my calves. I never liked the super slow reps nor the extreme stretch at the bottom. Always concerned me for an injury. I use a slow pace because of the rom but still not the 5/10 cadence.

Solid session.

I too rest pause my calves. I never liked the super slow reps nor the extreme stretch at the bottom. Always concerned me for an injury. I use a slow pace because of the rom but still not the 5/10 cadence.

I did a 2 second negative. Would you say that's slow enough?

traz, what I do for calves is 3-5 sets of very heavy weight for 10-12 reps, then I do the one set of DC. I was previously doing just the heavy for 5 sets of 12 and my calves were doing well with that, so I didn't change it much. Calves so often are such a stubborn bodypart that you can really do whatever works. Finding what works is usually the difficult part.

traz, what I do for calves is 3-5 sets of very heavy weight for 10-12 reps, then I do the one set of DC. I was previously doing just the heavy for 5 sets of 12 and my calves were doing well with that, so I didn't change it much. Calves so often are such a stubborn bodypart that you can really do whatever works. Finding what works is usually the difficult part.

I find my calves respond well to volume training...high rep range

And just like CEO stated, if you need to do just some straight sets...do them. Whatever works. Just dont get too carried away. Remember its less, more often. ;)

Top Bottom