Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Damn my hips hurt from squats PLZ HELP!

patricky

For a few months at my work i wore shoes that were worn down on one side so they were all ****ed up, after a while my hips started to hurt, so i got new shoes, but the pain has never gone away.
I saw a physio and he gave me some stretches to do they really helped now i can walk without any pain for the hips, but when ever i do slightly over shoulder width squats i get this pain on both sides, i hadent done them for ages and a couple of days ago i did some just for fun, Now my hips hurt on both sides and it really hurts to internally or externally rotate my legs.

When i saw the physio he said i could squat, but only with a very narrow stance, i hate doing them this way, first off i cant do anywhere as much weight and second i cant go even as far as paralell.

What should i do, i love squating and know how great they are for making you a monster. Should i save up and see an oesteopath?

Firstly, this should be in the training forum rather than the juicer forum.

Is the pain you're currently suffering from the recent squats just DOMS from the workout or have you aggravated your problem?

If it's an aggravation of your problem, have you been keeping up with the stretching? Did you keep the weight ultra-light for your first day back at an exercise after a long layoff?

That you can't do a full, deep squat with your feet together points to a serious inflexibity. Do you stretch out your hamstrings on a regular basis? Can you do a deep, hamstrings pressed hard against calves, squat with just bodyweight? Can you do it while holding onto something for support.

If your problem is just one of flexibility then I'd suggest keeping up with your stretching, especially your hamstrings, and doing bodyweight squats until they aren't a problem for you. Next move onto using just the bar, always going fully deep. Slowly add weight to the bar.

Due to a knee injury I had to go through this procedure and went through some time just adding 2.5Kg to the bar for 5 sets of 5 for four or five sessions per week. The weight soon mounts up until one day you realise that you're squatting sensible weights again.

Have you considered box-squats, front squats and good mornings?

id try leg-press for a while, until I felt I was good to get under a bar. :jenscat

blut wump said:
Firstly, this should be in the training forum rather than the juicer forum.

Is the pain you're currently suffering from the recent squats just DOMS from the workout or have you aggravated your problem?

If it's an aggravation of your problem, have you been keeping up with the stretching? Did you keep the weight ultra-light for your first day back at an exercise after a long layoff?

That you can't do a full, deep squat with your feet together points to a serious inflexibity. Do you stretch out your hamstrings on a regular basis? Can you do a deep, hamstrings pressed hard against calves, squat with just bodyweight? Can you do it while holding onto something for support.

If your problem is just one of flexibility then I'd suggest keeping up with your stretching, especially your hamstrings, and doing bodyweight squats until they aren't a problem for you. Next move onto using just the bar, always going fully deep. Slowly add weight to the bar.

Due to a knee injury I had to go through this procedure and went through some time just adding 2.5Kg to the bar for 5 sets of 5 for four or five sessions per week. The weight soon mounts up until one day you realise that you're squatting sensible weights again.

Have you considered box-squats, front squats and good mornings?

good advise,

I sometimes have hip pain from squats. You will need to stretch like Wump said. You should also consider alternatives until the pain goes away. I usually move to leg extensions and certain leg presses it depends on the press machine. When I can squat pain free I go back to squats. Try just going to parallel not past.

I had problems with squatting for YEARS!! before I tried a weight, or 1/2" piece of wood under my heals. it is just so much more natural for ME. if I could do them flat I would, but i tend to lean forward too much and have discomfort in my knees/hips/lower back. granted, I couldn't do as much weight when I started with the board, but I slowly worked up from there. and the thing is I can fry my quads with less weight, just much stricter form (and yes I do them past parallel). I think the important thing is you have to try a few different ways to where it doesn't stress your body in the wrong way. let go of the ego (unless powerlifting is your thing) and drop the weights while you search out the best way to do them.

Being able to get down with a block under your heels again points to a hamstring flexibility. You can continue to squat with the block but using a block under the heels has a tendency to cause forward drift of the knees and ensuing stress on them. Alternatively, try to work without it and cure the underlying problem. Good luck.

I can toutch my toes.
I dont know what it is but when i try to go far down in the close stance squat it feels like im about to fall over backwards.

Top Bottom