Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cutting, strength loss, how to deal with it?

gatesmarch

Hey guys

I started cutting about a month and a half ago...doing an HST routine. I'm now on my 3rd week of the 5 rep set stage. Now, due to the fact that I'm adding weight above my previous maxes of my last cycle AND cutting I'm starting to stall and in some lifts lose reps.

This is my first cut ever and what I want to know is what adjustments should I make to keep my workouts effective and accomodate cutting? Should I go back to higher reps/lighter weight but keep the total volume increasing? Do I just drop 30% on the lifts I'm stalling/losing reps and build back up from there? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also, for whatever reason, when the weight starts getting heavy on my squat I start getting a pain on the outer side of my hip. When I come down and go up, it's like hot poker stabs me at the same elevation. It may be a nerve that gets impinged in my muscle under heavy loads? Either way it pisses me off because it's so sharp I have to stop progressing on my squat. It always ends up happening at the 250lb area for reps.

Hey guys

I started cutting about a month and a half ago...doing an HST routine. I'm now on my 3rd week of the 5 rep set stage. Now, due to the fact that I'm adding weight above my previous maxes of my last cycle AND cutting I'm starting to stall and in some lifts lose reps.

This is my first cut ever and what I want to know is what adjustments should I make to keep my workouts effective and accomodate cutting? Should I go back to higher reps/lighter weight but keep the total volume increasing? Do I just drop 30% on the lifts I'm stalling/losing reps and build back up from there? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also, for whatever reason, when the weight starts getting heavy on my squat I start getting a pain on the outer side of my hip. When I come down and go up, it's like hot poker stabs me at the same elevation. It may be a nerve that gets impinged in my muscle under heavy loads? Either way it pisses me off because it's so sharp I have to stop progressing on my squat. It always ends up happening at the 250lb area for reps.

Firstly, your body paining is a sign something is off, form, over stresses ligaments and tendons. Could be many things. So be careful. Just lower your max weight bro, no way to continue to get stronger and stronger while continuing to cut calories unless your very advanced and on some good AAS. Eventually, you will stall out, and start getting weaker unless you start eating more.

It's natural for this to happen. Stretch more and if you must take an additional rest day to heal the heavy workouts, preserve energy for those big lifting days. As you cut calories, and get leaner and lighter, your lifts will sufferZ

Firstly, your body paining is a sign something is off, form, over stresses ligaments and tendons. Could be many things. So be careful. Just lower your max weight bro, no way to continue to get stronger and stronger while continuing to cut calories unless your very advanced and on some good AAS. Eventually, you will stall out, and start getting weaker unless you start eating more.

It's natural for this to happen. Stretch more and if you must take an additional rest day to heal the heavy workouts, preserve energy for those big lifting days. As you cut calories, and get leaner and lighter, your lifts will sufferZ

Thx for the input man. Ya know, after thinking about it for a while I remembered the last time I had this pain...it was on the other side of my hip. The exact same pain. The difference between now and then is that I'm now facing the opposite direction in my basement and I believe the floor isn't level. So the 2" or so height difference of each foot may be the culprit.

rustill hit my sentinements as well.

nothing wrong with taking a step back to let your ligaments and tendons catch up. improvement is a wonderful thing but so is taking a step back to take 2 steps forward ... you should be building consistency instead of worrying about what your max PR is

Top Bottom