Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cutting to 175

miked8c

As many of gou know I weigh approx. 202lbs. For reasons I don't feel like explaining I have come to the conclusion that I need to cut. I am planning on cutting down on my eating and job 2 miles, 3 times a week.

My only question is, how should I be lifting?

Should I continue going to the gym 4 times a week, or should I cut it down to three? Should I continue following my 5/3/1 program as long as my strength allows me to?

am I right in thinking your one of the guys who told me I shouldnt diet down and cut weight lol and "cutting" and "bulking" is bad (I agree with this for most people) you should do neither and just eat clean?

:D

Heres what I said: Theres no reason to bulk and cut in order to build a good body, just semi clean eating and lifting heavy weights will do all you need. I thought you were cutting so you could bulk back up again, and do that whole deal with the bulking and cutting cycles. I didn't know you wanted to cut weight because of other reasons. I read your reasons and they are somewhat similiar to mine.

175 here I come. I'll post pics every week.

Ok, I hope your ready for this... Let me just let me throw on my coveralls and fire suit seeing as I'm about to get flamed.

Unless you compete there is no need to bulk and cut, unless your a complete hardgainer just eat good, hardy meals and lift heavy ass weight. I know I am oversimplifying but instead of drastically changing weight every season to bulk and cut just eat like a pro and your body will grow. From an evolutionary point of view why would you need to eat unhealthily gigantic portions of food to build muscle, just constantly supply your self with large amounts of food and you can continue to put on muscle without hav ing to overeat so much. Eat big and grow, there is no need to be cutting and bulking.

In your situation just work your way up from 180lbs. dont bulk and eat excessive quantities of food just eat like an athlete, high Protein meals 5 times a day. Yes it is somewhat of a fine line but lifters are always going for extremes, try to walk down the middle and you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Typed this up in 5 minutes, don't be overly critical.

Ok, I hope your ready for this... Let me just let me throw on my coveralls and fire suit seeing as I'm about to get flamed.

Unless you compete there is no need to bulk and cut, unless your a complete hardgainer just eat good, hardy meals and lift heavy ass weight. I know I am oversimplifying but instead of drastically changing weight every season to bulk and cut just eat like a pro and your body will grow. From an evolutionary point of view why would you need to eat unhealthily gigantic portions of food to build muscle, just constantly supply your self with large amounts of food and you can continue to put on muscle without hav ing to overeat so much. Eat big and grow, there is no need to be cutting and bulking.

In your situation just work your way up from 180lbs. dont bulk and eat excessive quantities of food just eat like an athlete, high Protein meals 5 times a day. Yes it is somewhat of a fine line but lifters are always going for extremes, try to walk down the middle and you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Typed this up in 5 minutes, don't be overly critical.

am I right in thinking your one of the guys who told me I shouldnt diet down and cut weight lol and "cutting" and "bulking" is bad (I agree with this for most people) you should do neither and just eat clean?

:D

lol indeed he was. I still think cutting is not a great idea but best of luck to ya both:supercool

You're gonna be a shrimp at 175.

BUT, it's your choice and if you'd be happier being that small than do what you got to do.

I have been 10% bodyfat before at 170lbs and I had a nice 4 pack and looked good. I was weak as fuck, but I looked good.

After awhile I realized I like being bigger and stronger more than being lean and that the only reason I gave 2 shits about being lean was to impress girls.

I stopped caring about that and honestly I haven't noticed any difference in the way girls respond to me probably for 2 reasons:

1. I'm happier being bigger and stronger
2. This plus not caring whether I look toned in a tight t-shirt correlates to having a decent self confidence level which trumps looks in almost every way.

That's my theory at least.

I'm not saying this is why I think you're cutting. This is just my view on the whole lean image look people are so fascinated with nowadays. I'm not saying I endorse being fat, but that a reasonable level of bodyfat for "your" build is alright, but again that's my opinion.

Good luck.

Thanks alot guys, it's mainly for health. I have no reason to be walking around at 5'8 205, its stressful on my organs and I don't play sports so its just unneccesary. I think insatead of cutting to 175 I'll incorporate 3 days of HIIT, reduce my diet and see where that takes me. 185 seems more realistic.

I'm not after the whole tight tee shirt deal, its just that for my build 180 lbs. would be prime, just judging by my wrist and foot size I can tell my body not is meant to be rocking 205 lbs.

Worst comes to worst I won't end up liking it, and can just bulk back up. Easier the second time because of muscle memory.

Ya, if you ever change your mind you will be able to bulk back easily.

180lbs solid at 5'8 is a good size. If it's mostly muscle then you can present a good image of size and muscularity.

It really boils down to the % bodyfat at any given size.

5'8", 180lbs and 10% is quite solid imo. 200+ at the same bodyfat % and height is approaching "jacked" territory imho.

Good luck man. I rather enjoy being bulky, but I'd be lying if I said when I get big enough and strong enough that I won't try to lean it out.

As for training, if the cutting isn't extreme you may be able to carry on with 5/3/1 and make small rep pr's every so often... Depends what dieting route you take

Yeah I figured 5'8 180lbs. is still on the stocky side, I have no experience with cutting though. I'll just not eat everything and sight and actually watch what I eat, and maybe throw in some HIIT.

But since my recovery may be hindered should only be lifting three, ass opposed to four, days a week.

Thanks alot guys, it's mainly for health. I have no reason to be walking around at 5'8 205, its stressful on my organs and I don't play sports so its just unneccesary. I think insatead of cutting to 175 I'll incorporate 3 days of HIIT, reduce my diet and see where that takes me. 185 seems more realistic.

I'm not after the whole tight tee shirt deal, its just that for my build 180 lbs. would be prime, just judging by my wrist and foot size I can tell my body not is meant to be rocking 205 lbs.

dude your body is not meant to be 180 either. As far as your body is concerned in an ideal world it would probably be more like 150. Adding any extra muscle than you naturally carry from everyday tasks is extra weight for your body. Bodybuilding and powerlifting is not what your body wants to do. 205 @ 5'8 I doubt will really give you any bad health risks (although Im not a trained medical professional). The only person on here who I know that had serious health risks was joe d. This is an extreme but what Im saying is if the main reason for cutting weight is that your worried about your health, then before you take the plunge I would go and see a doc and see what they think about how much your health is being damaged by being 205, I may be wrong and they might say you should loose weight.

but if your doing it for aesthetic reasons then I totally understand because Im in the same boat :supercool

Top Bottom