Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cut and Explosive?

bgbay

Hey guys, im 25, 6'1, 195lbs 16.5BF%

I train MMA (Muay thai and bjj)

I do this about 3-4 days a week, was thinking about running the Sheiko program.

Sheiko 13 Week Workout

But, I want to be cut as well as becoming explosive and increasing my MMA performance. I'm not a pro fighter I do it for fun so please keep the "Don't worry about what your body looks like if you're training mma" comments to yourself. lol

Im just looking for a good 3-5 day program that will help compliment my MMA game as well as giving me a nice looking bod, any suggestions other then the Sheiko 13 week or is that good?

MMA

IMO if you are doing MMA already 4 days and are looking to add explosiveness and a leaner look power cleans/push presses are #1 in my book. Add cardio too, full incline treadmill and push yourself. Focus on the full body explosive movements and you will be super happy. Its hard because if you have a busy schedule you need to rest so that's just based on a busy schedule

Yeah thats true man. I try to do some treadmil at least 3 days a week. I'm trying to get up first thing in the morning and do it because of the "fasted-cardio" thing.

I know power cleans and push presses, but is there any workout that would be recommended I could follow? I'm not good at constructing my own workouts, more of a follower lol

Are you splitting the workouts and mma practice or trying to do them back to back on the days you have mma?

The only way you could possibly workout on mma days would be to split them am/pm etc. Otherwise you dont have enough energy to properly train at the gym. Let me know the schedule your working with.

Alright, here is what my MMA schedule looks like.... (I can weight train at Lunch(12pm) on any day)

Monday - 8pm - Grappling
Tuesday - 8pm - BJJ
Wednesday - 8PM - Muay Thai
Thursday - 8pm MMA

I also do the odd bit of training on the weekends, light roll or some sparring.

The Skeiko program #29 might actually be a good choice. There are two problems though.

1) You have to be absolutely meticulous about your record keeping

2) You would need to find a place in the routine for power cleans (not hang cleans - you miss half the lift), and maybe snatches.

B-

Thats fine, lunch time at the gym is pretty dead anyways so I could rip off the workouts. Any good videos of proper power cleans? I know there are a BUNCH but any you guys would recommend me to watch to make sure my form is perfect.

also where the hell is the Sheiko 29 routine at? having a hard time finding it

Top Bottom