Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Current Routine & current issues.

UFC22

This is my current routine. I am also relearning how to Free Squat again without the aid of a smith machine. I started using it after I injured my back a few years back. Should I squat twice a week? Throw squats in on back day also? I was also thinking of dropping this routine, although I like it for the intermediate 5x5 in the training vault. What are your guys thoughts on this?

M - Shoulders/Tri's
Push Press or Seated BB press 5x5-7
Arnold DB presses 5x5-7
DB laterals 2x10
Hanging dips (elbows very close in) 4x8-10
Tricep Push Downs 2x10

T - Back
Deadlift 5x5-7
Overhand Yates Row 4x10
Pull up or Pull downs 4x8-10
Core work

W - OFF

Tr - Chest/Bi's
BB flat or incline press 5x5-7
DB flat or incline press 3x5-7
hanging dips (elbows semi-flared out) 4x8-10
BB curl 4x8-10

F - Legs
Squats 5x5-7
Striaght leg DL 3x10
Standing Calf raises 3x
seated calf raises 2x
Core work

looks fine to me. the key to most programs is to see them thru to the end. how will you know if what you're trying to accomplish is working if you bail? and experience is valuable, you have to find things out on your own. but it looks solid, with rest & diet, of course...

looks fine to me. the key to most programs is to see them thru to the end. how will you know if what you're trying to accomplish is working if you bail? and experience is valuable, you have to find things out on your own. but it looks solid, with rest & diet, of course...

Thank you, I was just reading the intermediate 5x5 and it seems appealing. However, I do like my routine. Do you think I should squat more than once a week or is it adequate? Thanks.

UFC22 said:
Thank you, I was just reading the intermediate 5x5 and it seems appealing. However, I do like my routine. Do you think I should squat more than once a week or is it adequate? Thanks.
i think squatting more than once a week in going to be a case of diminishing returns. you'll get to a point where you can't fully recover and slowly work your way into overtraining. and the only cure for that is a long lay off. once a week is fine, especially if you're not on cycle. hell, i'm on and i don't SQ or DL more than once a week...

i think squatting more than once a week in going to be a case of diminishing returns. you'll get to a point where you can't fully recover and slowly work your way into overtraining. and the only cure for that is a long lay off. once a week is fine, especially if you're not on cycle. hell, i'm on and i don't SQ or DL more than once a week...

I'm on Test-C/Tren-E with a little dbol kickstart now :). I see what your saying about overtraining and such. Thanks for the advice.

Top Bottom