Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Crossfit versus traditional weightlifting

suarez66

Hey everyone I was in the process of deciding which gym I should join and wanted to see what your opinions are to this subject. I want to get back into shape again having been a couple years out of training and have seen the surge of crossfitters in the world who seem to be getting real good results. Would you recommend it? Or should I be lifting weights in the gym to build my way to that level of intensity?

crossfit is expensive while a normal gym is way cheaper

the advantage of crossfit is they are more lax with compound lifting, like cleans and jerks etc. a lot of gyms don't even let you deadlift cause meatheads break shit when they do

also if you need peer pressure of doing group training xfit is actually advantageous and you will meet people that way.. it is more social..

a gym is more put your ear buds in and go solo and talk to nobody

personally a good quality gym (not planet fitness) is my preference

Controversial response here:

Crossfit is the answer to the following question:
"What is the best way to get a newbie injured when they first start?"

You are starting out after a few years: You lack the coordination needed. You don't have the necessary joint proprioception. Your joints have not been built up sufficiently.

Yes, you can be successful and many are but injury rates are very high. Start with the basics and if you want to try it in 3-6 months, then go for it.

Top Bottom