Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

CrossFit question

Crossfit isn't bad, and it's far better than no weight training. I'm personally more happy with training for powerlifting, but you'll find a lot more lean towards bodybuilding.

Last edited:
I'm not quite sure whether I would recommend it or not. Yes it is hard training and most likely provides good results but the way some of these practitioners teach people to perform certain movements isn't kinda to my liking.

no unless you are taught proper form and don't over train

the problem with crossfit in your situation is i can imagine you going and doing clean and jerks and box jumps and really destroying your knees, elbows, back, shoulders etc cause you will want to keep up with others in the class

that is the problem with group workouts. so first LEARN how to do everything right and transition into it

it is no different then you showing up at my gym and working out with me, or going running with dylan. you will only do yourself harm

I don't know much about it... It's not something I would be interested in

exactly what i was going to write lol

adc8953e2889e300a6bfa8a449e9416a.jpg

Would you guys recommend CrossFit for someone who has minimal lifting experience ?
All depends on the gym/box you attend. A good reputable box should put you onto something called an ON RAMP course which will be designed around spending a lot of time with a coach learning the different CrossFit movements. Wall balls, box jumps, KB swings, burpees etc. You should however stay away from any Olympic lifting movements for the first 3-6 months until you are proficient in these movements. This will require a lot of practice sessions in order to perform a technique good safe enough that you'll avoid injury.

As for the intensity, CrossFit is only as hard as you want to make it. All workouts will be scaled to accommodate the novice members. You definitely will want to start slow, you'll still get a great workout in.

I've been using CrossFit as my main source of training since 2011 and I've never had a serious injury. Tweaked my back rowing a few years ago but only missed 2 days of training as a result. If done safely then CrossFit can be excellent for all round fitness and building a love for training (it gets quite addictive). Not to mention the community spirit that goes along with it. I've been to different CrossFit boxes in the UK, US, Croatia, Spain, Singapore and Dubai and I've always been welcomed in with open arms and had a killer workout with the locals (normally accompanied with a free tshirt).

So yes, get into CrossFit but do some research on the gym you plan on attending first.

Top Bottom