Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Crossfit - cardio or workout?

Special Forces are all into them, and since they are heavy into powerlifting and olympic movements, I'd say workout. As many of their workouts greatly improve muscluar endurance, I can see how some my view it as carido.

Strength coach Mark Rippetoe (famous for his articles on Bill Star and Tom Pendalay's 5x5 program which is heavily touted here as a strength program) has a ton of crossfit videos on youtube instructing crossfiters in heavy movements like the deadlift, squat, pushpress, and bench.

I guess it depends on what your overall goal is. If your're trying to put on mass, I'd stay with normal, light cardio. If you're intrested in athletic performance, and muscluar endurance, I'd recommend a ton of the crossfit workouts.

The special forces guys dig em because while the don't need to be particularly big, they do need to be strong and maintain their endurance.

Its the same sort of workouts that the guys in the movie 300 did when they worked out with Jim Jones. His workouts were just variations of crossfit, and as you could see, those guys weren't massive, but they were shredded (and I'm sure they were actually strong too).

As much as I like it, I do some track and field throwing (Hammer, shot...) so I stick with more traditional strength training because now that I'm out of Special Forces, I don't really need the endurance.

i would have thought so. but everyone has their favourite cardio/one that suits them best. running-the all round, widest used cardio. does the job. swimming lengths of the pool-more fun, works the whole of your body and much easier on your joints, especially if your a big boy. my favourite, bag work-intense.improving on power, flexibility, coordination, cardio vascular endurance, whilst burning fat.
and this is only a smll fraction of the cardio options available to you, all have their pros and cons, a lot of it is personal preference.

Top Bottom