Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Critique My Workout Routine Please

gymrat surfer

Day 1: Chest/Shoulders/Tri's
Day 2: Legs/Calfs/Abs
Day 3: Back/Rear Delts/Traps/Biceps
Day 4: Cardio/Abs (for 2 miles: Back and fourth 30 seconds sprint / 30 seconds light jog)
Day 5: REST

(was contemplating doing rear delts/traps/biceps with chest on day 1 and doing shoulders/tri's with back on day 3. You like that idea better or should I stick with what I'm doing?)

---Repeat---

Other info: I weigh 225lbs. My goal is to lean out and get more dense. I am ok with losing some muscle/strength.

Diet: I am on the warrior diet along with IF hybrid. I fast till 3:00PM on cardio day then take in all calories up to 8 hours after 3:00pm. Other days is warrior diet (underfeeding/overeating) I also cycle high fat/low carb - and have high carb/low fat)

HRT STACK: 200mgs Cyp every 5th day.
Deca 200mgs once per week.
arimidex 1mg -m/w/f.
Sermorilin 1000mcgs ED
HCG: 500IU twice per week.

QUESTIONS:
What do you recommend as far as volume with the way i grouped my muscle groups? Like how many exercises and sets? (I will vary my weight/reps each time for muscle confusion)

Day 1: Legs/Shoulders/Traps
Day 2: Back/Rear Delts//Biceps/Abs
Day 3: Chest/Calfs/Tri's/
Day 4: Cardio/Abs (for 2 miles: Back and fourth 30 seconds sprint / 30 seconds light jog)
Day 5: REST

As you can see I made quite a few changes, but I will tell you why.
You had you're shoulders and chest on the same day, and alot of people underestimate the large role your shoulders are actually playing in your chest workouts. Which ever one you decided to workout first, the other would be lacking in potential growth. I felt that by placing your shoulders not only on a different day, but 2 days away from your chest would give you enough rest to be able to blast them to your full potential later on. I also moved your leg day to the beginning of the week so for your only cardio session of the 5 day period(which should be alot more in my opinion) will be one you can once again, reach your full potential with 100% legs. Last but not least, I moved the traps into the workout with your shoulders. This is a personal opinion, but from my own experiance, by the time I'm ready to hit my traps after finishing shoulders, their already warm and jacked up, ready to destroy weight.

Heh, just my 2 cents, good luck to you in which ever program you decide to pursue.

Thanks Murker! Appreciate your input. As far as cardio, I agree I should be doing more! In fact, I was doing cardio every other day but I only have time to do one workout per day. Should I space out the gym and do weights then cardio and repeat that? Of course that would mean less time in the gym.

From what you tell me your goal is (to lean out and get more dense) you should definatly be doing alot more cardio. Since it seems your strapped for time, what I would suggest to you is to get a beater cardio machine ( i prefer stationary bike, its small and usually can be folded away) and hit it everyday as soon as you wake up for 30-60mins(obviously on leg day take it easy or just don't do it at all).

Keep in mind this will only work if you are going to be going to the gym later on in the day. For example, if you wake up at 8am, hit your bike until 9am, then go to the gym 12pm, or 1pm, this wouldn't be ideal. Not enough recovery and you will be lacking. BUT, if you were to be hitting the bike at 8am until 9am, and then go to the gym anywhere past 5pm, that should be sufficient time for rest and to get enough meals in for you to be prepared to lift to your potential.

Appreciate your input, but Like I said bro, it's black and white for me. So it's sacrifice gym time for more cardio days (doing day 1: lift, day 2: cardio and I could have my rest day after legs. Or I could keep it as is.. Yes it is my goal to become more dense and lean. And as far as cardio equipment, I live in San Diego by some kick ass trails so I prefer to do my sprints outdoors. Way more fun:) so what do you suggest? A or B?

Or I could do

Day 1:chest/back/rear delts/calves
Day 2:Legs/shoulders/arms
Dqy 3:Cardio/abs

And repeat that..

What do you think?

Or I could do

Day 1:chest/back/rear delts/calves
Day 2:Legs/shoulders/arms
Dqy 3:Cardio/abs

And repeat that..

What do you think?

That sounds good, only thing I would do is space out the time between chest and shoulders. At least have one day in between the two, I would personally sugeest two. Thats just my 2 cents. I just got dinged in one of my posts for having those muscles too close together and to spread it out

Top Bottom