Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Critique my routine and diet

treadlite

Body stats:
178 ~16% BF
5'11"
34 y/o

Current diet

Diet - average cal is 3400 cal with a 40-40-10 protien-carb-fat ratio
3-6 eggs a day, mostly whites cooked in coconut oil
12-16 oz of chicken
4 servings of whey
1 serving of casien
48 oz of milk
650 cal wieght gainer
1 beagle with cream cheese
1/2 cup of cottage cheese
1 spinich salad
pre-workout shake(glyco/BCAA's)

Current weekly routine. Listed lifts are pretty standard, but I may throw in an extra lift or two of something else depending on time and how I feel that day.

3x8 = 3 sets of 8 of the same wight
5x5 = 5 sets increasing weight each set

MONDAY - chest/tri's
flat bench - 5x5
incline or decline bench - 5x5
narrow grip bench - 3x8
dumbbell flys - 5x5
dips - 3x8
skull crushers 3x8

TUESDAY - back/bi's
widgrip pullup - 3 sets to get between 40-50
deadlift - 5x5
bent over barbell row 5x5
narrow revers grip pull-down 3x8
v-bar(not sure v-bar is best) seated cable row - 3x8
shrugs 3x8
dumbbell curl 3x6
hammer curl 3x6
incline seated curl 3x8
preacher curl 3x8
wrist curls(whatever they are called) 3x8 for each direction

WEDNESDAY - Legs/shoulders
squat - 5x5
leg curl 3x8
leg ext 3x8
leg press 5x5
calves 3x8
Dumbbell shoulder press 3x8
Dumbbell front raise 3x8
dumbbell lateral raise 3x8
dumbbell reverse raise 3x8

THURSDAY - Rest

FRIDAY - repeat Monday
SATURDAY - repeat Tuesday
SUNDAY - Rest

you don't need to ramp up on chest workouts after your first exercise. your chest is sufficiently warmed up by then.... anyways, way too much bicep work imo. also, do DLs first on your back day... you might want to change the order of your workouts because you have squats the day after DLs. That has never worked for me in the past if i've gone balls to the wall; one lift hurts the other.

maybe I will switch off incline seated and preacher for every other workout. I just barely added the incline seated and loved it.

I was wondering about doing squats day after deadlift. I wondered if I was giving my CNS enough time to recover, it felt like I was rushing it. I guess I could put my rest day between back and leg, but then I don't get a rest day between leg and chest?

Body stats:
178 ~16% BF
5'11"
34 y/o

Current diet

Diet - average cal is 3400 cal with a 40-40-10 protien-carb-fat ratio
3-6 eggs a day, mostly whites cooked in coconut oil
12-16 oz of chicken
4 servings of whey
1 serving of casien
48 oz of milk
650 cal wieght gainer
1 beagle with cream cheese
1/2 cup of cottage cheese
1 spinich salad
pre-workout shake(glyco/BCAA's)

Current weekly routine. Listed lifts are pretty standard, but I may throw in an extra lift or two of something else depending on time and how I feel that day.

3x8 = 3 sets of 8 of the same wight
5x5 = 5 sets increasing weight each set

MONDAY - chest/tri's
flat bench - 5x5
incline or decline bench - 5x5
narrow grip bench - 3x8
dumbbell flys - 5x5
dips - 3x8
skull crushers 3x8

TUESDAY - back/bi's
widgrip pullup - 3 sets to get between 40-50
deadlift - 5x5
bent over barbell row 5x5
narrow revers grip pull-down 3x8
v-bar(not sure v-bar is best) seated cable row - 3x8
shrugs 3x8
dumbbell curl 3x6
hammer curl 3x6
incline seated curl 3x8
preacher curl 3x8
wrist curls(whatever they are called) 3x8 for each direction

WEDNESDAY - Legs/shoulders
squat - 5x5
leg curl 3x8
leg ext 3x8
leg press 5x5
calves 3x8
Dumbbell shoulder press 3x8
Dumbbell front raise 3x8
dumbbell lateral raise 3x8
dumbbell reverse raise 3x8

THURSDAY - Rest

FRIDAY - repeat Monday
SATURDAY - repeat Tuesday
SUNDAY - Rest

Dunno what your goals are here but a few observations:

No need to cook the eggs/egg whites in oil...hard boil a dozen or so and that should last you a week-ish

You're getting SIX meals @ least from shakes...un;ess that 650 is more than 1 shake....that is WAYYYYYYYYYYYY too much...relplace 4 of those with solid protein...

Are you eating carbs? Veggies? Water?

Drop the beagle, no need to eat dog....no bagels either, once in a while is OK, make it whole wheat when you do..

I've never been a big fan of training the same BP on the same day with the same routine, sets, and reps....

Split up legs and shoulders into different days...

Train 2-3 days on, day off, 2-3 on, day off, etc...

~EZ

Dunno what your goals are here but a few observations:

No need to cook the eggs/egg whites in oil...hard boil a dozen or so and that should last you a week-ish

I add the oil to get a few extra good fats. I switched to cocunut oil last fall and had a dramatic drop in my bad colesterol.

You're getting SIX meals @ least from shakes...un;ess that 650 is more than 1 shake....that is WAYYYYYYYYYYYY too much...relplace 4 of those with solid protein...

only the one weight gainer shake is the 650, that is my pre-lunch. I usually down the chicken sometime within the next hour of the shake. If I can remember, I will take the shake down earlier to get more time in between that in the chicken.

The protein shakes are just a 30gram single shot. One in the morning, pre-post workout, and one before I go to bed that I mix with the casein. Recommendations for doing this differently?

Are you eating carbs? Veggies? Water?

Drop the beagle, no need to eat dog....no bagels either, once in a while is OK, make it whole wheat when you do..

Carbs come from my gainer shake, wheat bagel(no dog), and a few other fillers(probably not the best fillers) if I need to add more carbs. Veggies are from my salad, but I try to eat a good helping of broccoli as well, I just don't keep up on i. Oh, I get some carbs from fruit too, forgot to add 2-3 banannas and usually some apple juice.

I've never been a big fan of training the same BP on the same day with the same routine, sets, and reps....

Split up legs and shoulders into different days...
I usually do front delts on chest and rear delts on back and mid on either, I just changed it based on someone elses routine. Leg days are the only days I seem to have enough time to fit in shoulders.

Train 2-3 days on, day off, 2-3 on, day off, etc...
~EZ

current routine is 3 days on, day off, 2 days on, day off. This works best with workout partner.

I add the oil to get a few extra good fats. I switched to cocunut oil last fall and had a dramatic drop in my bad colesterol.

only the one weight gainer shake is the 650, that is my pre-lunch. I usually down the chicken sometime within the next hour of the shake. If I can remember, I will take the shake down earlier to get more time in between that in the chicken.

The protein shakes are just a 30gram single shot. One in the morning, pre-post workout, and one before I go to bed that I mix with the casein. Recommendations for doing this differently?

Ya, 1 shake post workout, 1 @ another time. Replace with solid food...

Carbs come from my gainer shake, wheat bagel(no dog), and a few other fillers(probably not the best fillers) if I need to add more carbs. Veggies are from my salad, but I try to eat a good helping of broccoli as well, I just don't keep up on i. Oh, I get some carbs from fruit too, forgot to add 2-3 banannas and usually some apple juice.

Apple juice = loaded with sugar, carbs come from sewwt potato, brown rice, plain oatmeal...

I usually do front delts on chest and rear delts on back and mid on either, I just changed it based on someone elses routine. Leg days are the only days I seem to have enough time to fit in shoulders.

^^ that's worse....chest, back, shoulders, legs should have their own day...

current routine is 3 days on, day off, 2 days on, day off. This works best with workout partner.

^^^^ I like this

~EZ

Before I mention anything about your routine...what are your goals? Also, where are you at in your training (if strength is your goal, how are your lifts doing and how well have they been progressing?).

In any case, if you're giving your squats everything you've got I think you are doing your overhead pressing a disservice.

Too many shakes, cut the beagle out, boil the eggs much better then cooking them with oil, you shouldn't go more then 50% of your meals in shakes and it doesn't seem like you are having much solids I think you should cut out most of the shakes and start eating better have more complex carbs with protein up until the afternoon then change it to more fibrous carbs with protein after that and instead of the casein just have milk and following that change you milk to a no fat or light milk another form of casein is cottage cheese have it 15 minutes before bed.

Well said lweaver & ak109

~EZ

Top Bottom