Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Critique my routine

Adam9067

P/P/L [Rest] P/P/L or P/P/L/P/P/L[Rest]

Legs:
Squat 15,12,10,8,6,4
Leg Press 3x10-15
Leg extensions 3x12-20
Hamstring curls or SLDL 3x10-15
Standing calve raises 3x10-15

Push:
Bench press 12,10,8,6,4
DB incline bench 12,10,8,6,4
DB seated press or Seated smith machine press 12,10,8,6,4
DB lateral raises 3-4x10-15
Rope pushdowns 3-4x10-15
DB skullcrushers 3x10-15

Pull:
Pull ups 50 total reps
Rack pulls 12,10,8,6,4
Supported DB rows or Barbell rows 12,10,8,6,4
Face pulls 3-4x10-15
Incline DB curls 3x10-15
Preacher curls 3x10-15

First 2 sets for compound movements will be warm up sets, then add weight each set.

For pull ups i will aim for 50 total reps.Then try and increase the volume each workout.

Each workout i will aim for progressive overload and increase weight or reps for each exercise.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Overall it looks pretty good to me. And considering that you also have an idea of progression then there isn't really anything else to add here.
If anything I would say instead of continuously adding more volume in your pull ups I would at some point start adding weight and start progressing in that.

the 3 day split routine push/pull/legs is something I have taught for many years before it became mainstream.. now everyone is doing it and coming up with new theories on it copy/pasting my ideas.

many of you younger guys would have never even heard of it if not for my articles and info on it.. you can see the sticky above where i talk more about it

the negative about it though is that guys tend to over train their shoulders, so i highly recommend you ease up on volume on that part of the body.. half the serious lifters in every gym across the country has some sort of rotator cuff failure going on due to that. and the problem is once that gets to a certain point there is no going back and you will end up needing surgery

P/P/L [Rest] P/P/L or P/P/L/P/P/L[Rest]

Legs:
Squat 15,12,10,8,6,4
Leg Press 3x10-15
Leg extensions 3x12-20
Hamstring curls or SLDL 3x10-15
Standing calve raises 3x10-15

Push:
Bench press 12,10,8,6,4
DB incline bench 12,10,8,6,4
DB seated press or Seated smith machine press 12,10,8,6,4
DB lateral raises 3-4x10-15
Rope pushdowns 3-4x10-15
DB skullcrushers 3x10-15

Pull:
Pull ups 50 total reps
Rack pulls 12,10,8,6,4
Supported DB rows or Barbell rows 12,10,8,6,4
Face pulls 3-4x10-15
Incline DB curls 3x10-15
Preacher curls 3x10-15

First 2 sets for compound movements will be warm up sets, then add weight each set.

For pull ups i will aim for 50 total reps.Then try and increase the volume each workout.

Each workout i will aim for progressive overload and increase weight or reps for each exercise.

This. Not 6 days in a row.

the 3 day split routine push/pull/legs is something I have taught for many years before it became mainstream.. now everyone is doing it and coming up with new theories on it copy/pasting my ideas.

many of you younger guys would have never even heard of it if not for my articles and info on it.. you can see the sticky above where i talk more about it

the negative about it though is that guys tend to over train their shoulders, so i highly recommend you ease up on volume on that part of the body.. half the serious lifters in every gym across the country has some sort of rotator cuff failure going on due to that. and the problem is once that gets to a certain point there is no going back and you will end up needing surgery
Hi Steve

Thanks for the feedback, when you say overtraining shoulders. Do you mean just the pressing, or side and rear delts also?

I usualy do rotator cuff excercises before each workout and make sure im warmed up. Should i do less side and rear delts and maybe include OHP every second week in my push workout rather than every week?

Thanks.

Top Bottom