Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Critique my 5x5 routine

Conductor77

Monday- Deadlifts 5x5
BB Rows 2x8
Close Grip Pulldowns 2x8
BB Curl 5x5
Hammer Curls 2x8

Wednesday - Incline DB 5x5
Flat Dumbell 2x8
DB Flies 2x8
Skull Crushers 5x5
Weighted Dips 2x8

Friday - Squats 5x5
Leg Press 2x8
Calves 3x10
DB Shoulder Press 5x5
Side Lateral Raises 2x8
Reverse Pec Deck 2x8

5x5 try to bump weight up 5lbs every week
2x8 sets same scheme

I worked out for 2 years religiously and made awesome gains, got a new job and have been out for the past year or so but im back now, Im on my third week of this program and I must say I LOVE IT!!!! getting stronger every week, keeping a log which I never did in the past, I really feel the 5x5 scheme is best for me!

Looks pretty good to me bro. I like 5x5 too.

It does need more hamstring work though on leg day, and I would do chins instead of pulldowns on back day.

i would suggest doing CG bench as your 5x5 for tri's, then do french presses then dips

also, do you like dumbells on incline more? barbells work better for me, maybe not you

like mcr, id recommend adding in a hamstring exercise, maybe SLDL's?

thats all I would recommend to change, just ideas

Good Ideas

I do prefer dumbells better my chest just seems to grow better

Yea CG press would be good for primary tris I think im gonna stick with skulls for a while, when I change i will go cg press for tris for the 5x5

hamstring exercise I agree i will include one

thanks

Looks good but I don't see any hamstring work.

Looks good..i would do BB incline instead of dbells becvause youll find that youre going to plateau faster with the bells..youre adding 10 lbs each week..iwth a bar you can use the 2.5's and add 5 lbs each week or even better if your gym has 1.5lb plates..

Also add in some seated leg curls or lying leg curls on leg day 3x10 should be fine since youre also doing deads..

thanks for the advice... I will definelty add a hamstring exercise

I understand what your saying about bb incline as far as adding weight goes, I just love dumbells LOL I do wish my gym would get some smaller plates though the lowest they go is 2.5, for exercises like barbell curl, skulls, smaller plates would be a heck of alot better.

I think when I dont hit my weights on my dumbell exercises for 5x5 like say if it goes 5,5,5,4,3 I will just go for the reps until I hit all 5x5

Squats and deads work hamstrings.
This has been discussed here alot and the consensus is that ham curls are shit and if anything maybe add some Glute/ham raises for hams.

Allon said:
This has been discussed here alot and the consensus is that ham curls are shit and if anything maybe add some Glute/ham raises for hams.

i disagree, for myself at least, i find that i benefit greatly from directly doing hamstrings, in fact since they are laggin i dont train them with legs. i do require a lot of volume though

Allon said:
leg curls are not shit..yes a glute ham is much much better..however 90% of gyms do not have one..therefore i see nothing wrong with doing leg curls they will strengthen the hams..th other option would be to maybe add some pullthroughs

Top Bottom