Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Critique Max-out Techniques

Benzi

THis is the foundation of maxouts
what do you guys think:
Each workout should last approximately 30 to 40 minutes.
Train only 1 or 2 muscle groups per workout/day.
Do 6 to 9 total heavy sets per muscle group.
Do 4 to 6 reps per set.
Rest 2 to 3 minutes between sets. (STR)
Train each muscle group once every 5 to 7 days. (ITR)
7. Take a 1 week break from training every 8 to 10 weeks.

Does these training techniques work better for natural or unnatural bb's, or does it not matter either way?

Have been using the Max-OT system more or less nearly a year now. I am 19 years old and still natural. Think that it have worked great so far.

I work out five times a week, and do about the suggested number of reps and sets. I always include Bench press, Squats and deadlifts in my routine. However I have lately been keeping my reps as low 2-4 in those lifts.

My workouts usually last about an hour in addition to warming up for about 10minutes.

I do 4 warmup sets on the first exercise for each musclegroup, and do all working sets to failure.

Before I started Max-OT I had been training for three years, and felt like I needed to change the way I worked out to keep the gains up.

I am not really sure about how much size I have gained in the past year, but I think I was about 180-185 lbs (at 5'10") last summer. Now I am nearly 200 and look more defined as well.

About 15lbs in a year isn't really that much, but my increase in strength is much greater.

Last September I could do something like:
Squats 5 x 300-310lbs
Benchpress 4 x 240lbs
Deadlifts 6 x 320-325lbs

Now it's more like:
Squats 3-4 x 390lbs
Bench 3-4 x 270lbs
Deadlifts 3 x 450lbs

The reason my bench didn't increase that much, is probably that I overtrained my chest by doing lots of forced reps in the bench press last winter. After that experience I have never done forced reps, and I don't miss them. :D

Top Bottom