Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Creation of an Explosive Mofo - My Training Journal :)

Well I did some research today.

There is a local shop that carries the Aussie Barbell Co stuff and the Bodysolid etc.
Well the BS PowerRack is actually $845AUD from them, so it's more expensive, but when I factor in the package deal it may end up about the same. Having said that I wasn't overly impressed with the BS stuff I saw for the price. I think the EliteFts powerrack is the way to go, when you consider that a Powerrack is something that will last your lifetime, it's worth spending more on a solid unit that has the features you want. The EliteFts racks are bolt together as well, so that is cool - yes I asked them :)

I can't really afford Bumper plates at $15AUD a Kilogram, nor a platform. So I have to give that a miss, since the money saved will buy me a Micro Muscle Lab which will help my training more.

None of the flat/incline benches there from BS or other companies in the shop looked solid or wide enough for my tastes so I will have to go for the EliteFts one which is actually cheaper, and comp spec in height and width.

The shop sells cheap $99AUD Oly bars, but these are probably the same crap my gym has. They can get in a York 450kg rated bar for $279AUD, and a Aussie Barbell 500KG rated Bar for $390 +$75 for double needle roller ball bearing option.
The Ivanko bar I want will probbaly be around $700AUD :)
But again the bar is not something I want to skimp on, it has to spin super smoothly and easily, and be ruler straight after loading. Will have to think of which to get, but I hear the ABC 450kg bar was used at the 2000 Olympics...

They can get in Oly dumbell handles from Aussie Barbell - imported ones at $85AUD non revolving sleves, and $170AUD Local ones with rotating sleeves. Both with spring collars, willl pickup a pair me thinks of the revolving set.

Plates - well the blue Infinity ones with holes come in at $3AUD a KG. They look OK. The holes make it easy to hold.
The cast iron Aussie Barbell plates look really shocking, and probbaly rust real quick too....
The Ivanko coloured ones look so much nicer, with holes, rubber coated and are calibrated - but hella expensive! :D

ROEZH-300S.jpg

Infinity sell similar coloured rubber coated paltes as well but without as many holes for $4.50AUD a KG.

Hmm now I have to think hard on what to get - I hate this part :(
Would like to get a GHR bench as well.

Well I'm so tempted to splash out, but I do wonder if I really need to be so spendy. Plus I know I will get hit with GST on the EliteFTS stuff I bring in! :(
But the basic EliteFts power rack together with a flat bench is only $1000AUD with shipping. Off course GST might add another 200, but still not bad.

Zander did you get the Cheap Cast iron Aussie Barbell plates?

Last edited:
CoolColJ said:
Well I'm so tempted to splash out, but I do wonder if I really need to be so spendy. Plus I know I will get hit with GST on the EliteFTS stuff I bring in! :(
But the basic EliteFts power rack together with a flat bench is only $1000AUD with shipping. Off course GST might add another 200, but still not bad.

Zander did you get the Cheap Cast iron Aussie Barbell plates?

Personally, if I could afford it I would always get the best quality stuff. Unfortuantely, you might get hit with more than just GST. Import duty can be hefty. Best to check directly with customs.

My plates are the cheapest Aussie Barbell plates. Just painted (black) cast iron :D

Have you got storage rack for em or you just pile em up on the floor? :)

What are you using for a bench?

Well I have much to think about this week. The easy option is Bodysolid power rack, the ABC bar, oly dumbells, $750 worth of plates - about 450-500lbs and a bench. Then later get a GHR and micro muscle lab.

No, just a flat bench. I've stacked plates under my bench to incline it. Hardly ideal, but I've only done inclines once or twice anyway.

Ok , yeah the combo bench is not bad, since you can use it for situps when declined.

I need an incline not so much for bench work but for the rows and raises and other stuff I like to do for the cuffs.

I'm still torn - power rack or platform/bumpers/spotting stands
with the 2nd option I can't do chins, but I can do eveyrthing else I could probably do in a power rack.

Top Bottom