Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Creation of an Explosive Mofo - My Training Journal :)

Thursday 30th October - General Workout - Week 2 - Day 5 - Tempo Runs- Late Afternoon

Tempo Sprint Runs
Distance - 100metres
Tempo - 20secs, estimated about 60-70% speed.
Reps - 2, 30 secs rest between each.
Sets - 4, 3 minutes between each

Erectors still tensing quite quite a bit. But overall fitness is improving.

Feel much better after doing these, the workout earlier smacked me up good, but pecs are still a bit trashed up from the benches - hmmm close grip as well...

slobberknocker said:

Thanks. I'm always looking for new ways to do GPP work.

Walking upstairs is a good one too. Take an elevator down and then there is no eccentric :)

At my gym, sometimes I have to park the car upstairs which is 10 flight of stair ups, and there is no lift. So I get to do that every so often :D

Workout volume and tonnage rethink

Well in the past I've been calculating volume and tonnage on a workoutly basis. And that hasn't worked as well as I would have liked.

Now I'm going to do the same but over a weekly basis. This way I can spread the workloads around and take in account what I do in every workout in a week as a single entity, plus factor into this the amount of sleep and other factors of life.

Saturday 1st November - General Workout - Week 3 - Day 1 - Lower Body 1 - Late Afternoon

Not a good day diet wise or sleep, but I bagged me a PR, so it's not all bad :)
I would have rated it a 10, had my diet, sleep and my lower back been loose during the squats.

Workout Rating - 9/10
Workout time - 1.5 hours

Warmup+ CoreWork

Rest - 30secs alternating between each exercise. 1min between pairs.

Back Extensions x8, +10lbs x8
Incline situps x8, +10lbs x8 with Russian twists to each side at the top.
-----
then Reverse Hypers - BWx8

Plyos

rest 45secs
Low ankle jumps - 2x10

rest 1min
High ankle jumps - 3x5
Single Leg Short Quick Horizontal Hops - 2x10 - 5 each side,

Hang Power Snatch

Warmups - Bar x 5, some snatch grip push presses
Rest - 2mins, then 3-4mins with the last 2 singles

Hang PowerSnatch - 75lbs x5, 95lbs x2, 111 x1, 121 x1, 131 x1, 143x1, 153x1 New PR!!

That's a 18lb PR! Up from 135lbs a few months back. Man the lockout was wobbly, need to work on my snatch grip overhead support strength. I had another 5-10lbs in me, but no point to going all out 3 weeks into the training cycle :)
My Powersnatch from the floor is usually 20lbs more, so I'm getting close to Powersnatching 185lbs!
Looked a bit ugly though.

Full Olympic Back Squats - RAW

Warmup sets
Bar x10, 95lbs x5, 135lbs x5,
Tempo 10X0 rest - 2mins, 3 mins on last 2 singles

205lbs 3x2,
1 full squat jump , then 260lbs x 2, 260lbs 2x2,
295lbs x 2 singles - 2nd one with a 2-3 sec pause at the bottom.

Total work tonnage = 3380lbs (up 410lbs from last week)

Lower back felt tight, was kinda cold, I guess I should have got a sweat up. Squats aren't feeling all that much lighter. Although the last 295 paused single blasted up!

Bits and Pieces

Bulgarian Split Squats
+6kg in dumbells 2x8 each leg.

Explosive Reverse Hypers
BW 2x12

Last edited:
Thanks

When a speed lift such as the Hang PowerSnatch is going up, you know your power is on the up and up, and your CNS is is good condition! :D

Now I must get more sleep and I'll get better results!

Sunday 2nd November- General Workout - Week 3 - Day 2 - Tempo Runs- Late Afternoon

Tempo Sprint Runs
Distance - 100metres
Tempo - 20secs, estimated about 60-70% speed.
Reps - 2, 30 secs rest between each.
Sets - 5, 3 minutes between each

Well the sun was pretty low in the sky so I was able to glimpse my running form in the shadows :)
All this time I thought I was running "relaxed", but my silhouette looked anything but - tensed, short and choppy. As soon I noticed this, I began to run more smoothly and effortlessly - it was like I suddenly knew how. And what do you know my erectors stopped tensing so much - felt much better!!!!!

I guess sitting in chair most of the day does alter your perception of motor patterns :D
Things can only get better from now on!

Added an extra set of runs, the 5th set started to feel tougher, but not too bad. So I'll keep this going for a few more session before going to the 4x3. May unload next week, but today felt pretty good overall.

As of this morning my waist measures 36.5 inches :)

At my leanest I have had it down to under 29inches, but I still wasn't anywhere near ripped. Hopefully these tempo sprint runs and later accleration speed work will trim it down to 30 inches or so. I don't think it will ever get under 29 again, since I have more muscle there now.

Incidently I felt my lower back today, which is slightly sore from the tempo runs yesterday, and damn those 2 columns of muscles are a bit bigger than a month ago! Probbaly due mostly to the runs, as that's the only new thing I've introduced. But I suspect the olys, pulls, and hypers all help :)

Maybe time for some progress pics :D

Top Bottom