Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Creation of an Explosive Mofo - My Training Journal :)

Monday 27th October - General Workout - Week 2 - Day 3 - Tempo Runs- Late Afternoon

Tempo Sprint Runs
Distance - 100metres
Tempo - 20secs, estimated about 60-70% speed.
Reps - 2, 30 secs rest between each.
Sets - 4, 3 mintues between each

Not the best session today, didn't eat much, so felt flat.
I was supposed to do this session yesterday afternoon, but my post workout nap was a bit longer than I wanted...

Feeling better than last week. But erectors are still tensing up a bit. Hope this will go in time.
Stride is feeling more open and loose. I sorta imagine a string is pulling on my head - an old Alexander Technique cue :)

Tuesday 28th October - General Workout - Week 2 - Day 4 - Lower Body 2 - Afternoon

Nice session. Making progress.
Foot arch muscles were killing me, and erectors were bloated on the way back hom. Erectors are ok now, but feet muscles are still all cramped up :(

Workout Rating - 8/10
Workout time - 1.5 hours

Warmup+ CoreWork

Rest - 30secs alternating between each exercise. 1min between pairs.

Back Extensions x8, +5lbs x8
Incline situps x8, +5lbs x8 with Russian twists to each side at the top.

Plyos

rest 45secs to 1min
Low ankle jumps - 2x10
High ankle jumps - 2x10
Short Horizontal Hops x5

Olys

Warmups - Bar - doing some hnag cleans, power cleans , front squats and split jerks. Some hang power snatches as well.
Rest - 2mins

all with hookgrip
SquatClean+ SplitJerk - 89lbs x2, 89x1, 109x1, 119lbs x 5 singles
Powerclean + SplitJerk - 155lbs x2
Powerclean - 175lbs x2, 2x3

Well, the first clean and jerk single with 119lbs was perfect in the clean! I dropped down rock bottom and pulled the bar to the exact height of my shoudlers at the bottom and then thing just floated onto my shoulders. It felt really different and effortless. Then all the other reps I pulled a touch too high and the bar sorta crashed down on me - makes the bar feel a lot heavier this way. Now I know how it feels when you get it right, lets see if I can make every rep feel like this :)
Powercleans felt different too, getting much higher up on the toes, maybe plyos are helping here.

Damn once I started these, my foot arch msucles were cramping up all over, and stayed that way the whole session. They still hurt now!!! :(

CleanGrip Rack Pulls - bar an inch above the knee - shrug onto toes

Warmup set - 225lbs x 3
Tempo 10X0 rest - 2mins

275lbs x3, 295x3, 315lbs 2x3
Hookgrip used on 295 and 315 sets, except first rep of the 2nd 315 set.

Well the last time I did these my upperback rounded at 315lbs, not so anymore! Grip was not good with 315 when I tried not hooking, but once I hooked it no problems :)
Hooking doesn't hurt at all anymore.

Front Squats

Warmup set - 135lbs x 5, 185lbs x3
Tempo 10X0 rest - 2mins

205lbs 3x3 - 3 sec pause on first rep.

All reps were pretty fast, tough, hmm never gets easier this exercise :)
Funny thing is that I feel these more in my hams and glutes. Whereas with back squats I feel more quads - strange..

Bits and Pieces

Rest- 1min

Reverse Lunges
BW 2x10 each leg

Single Leg back extensions
BW 2x8 each leg - hammie killer

Leg raise extensions
1x10

Reverse Hypers
BW x12

Last edited:
Well CNS feels a bit banged up yesterday. And I didn't feel I could do the planned workout any justice. So I'll shifted it to today.
I guess training 3 days in a row doesn't help, all thanks to me doing the tempo runs on the wrong day...

Apart from that eveyrthing feels OK, muscle wise.

I seem to be leaning up, thanks to the sprint tempo runs. Haven't measured my waist , but I can certainly notice it in my face, cheek bones starting to push out :)
No change in bodyweight however, but that's because I'm piling on some muscle - especially on my traps and back, and legs off course.

Still a long way to go however.

Last edited:
Look at my workout entries detailing them, they're just sprints done to a specific tempo, ie speed. If you look at my workout entry I did 3 sets of 2x100m tempo runs, 30secs rest between each, ands 3mins rest between each set. And done at 20 sec pace. ie taking 20secs to run the 100m, so about 65 to75% intensity.

Nothing special about them, just doing them for conditioning before I start the all out accleration speed work.

But they still consume energy and speed up the metobolic rate. I do them about twice a week at the moment.

They can, if your not used to any sort of running then they will. My erectors get sore from em. But they help act like Active recovery for my hams and quads. Supposed to help CNS recovery as well I believe - maybe for more experienced sprinters :)
Sprinters do them in between speed training days for recovery.
They do work the core hard, especially as you tire after 80-90m.

Consider them as GPP.
I've been trying to to do them a few hours after my upper body days.

CoolColJ said:
They can, if your not used to any sort of running then they will. My erectors get sore from em. But they help act like Active recovery for my hams and quads. Supposed to help CNS recovery as well I believe - maybe for more experienced sprinters :)
Sprinters do them in between speed training days for recovery.
They do work the core hard, especially as you tire after 80-90m.

Consider them as GPP.
I've been trying to to do them a few hours after my upper body days.

Thanks. I'm always looking for new ways to do GPP work.

Thursday 30th October - General Workout - Week 2 - Day 5 - Upper Body 2 - Midday

Very nice workout! I was explosive and form was great, definitely getting stronger. Will do some tempo runs later today, one good thing about daylight saving :)

My abs are fried for some reason - chins? bench?

Workout time - 55 mins
Workout rating - 9/10

PowerRack Chins - partial L shaped grip

warmups - shoulder width chin style pulldowns to sternum - 50 x5, 70 x5, 90 x3, 110 x3 --> this felt way lighter than last session!

Tempo 10X0 - alternating sets with dips 1.5mins rest between each

Normal Chin bar - BW x3 - taking it easy
PowerRack - BW 3x3 - explosive, touched chest on bar!

Dips

warmups - pushups on bench BWx5, reverse bench dip BWx5, pushup BWx5, 10 sec static hold at dip lockout, 2 singles

Tempo 10X0 - alternating sets with chins 1.5mins rest between each

BW 3x3 - explosive - easy

Rows

Plyo 45 degree Supported Rows- wide palms down grip
Warmups - Bar+45lbsx5
Tempo - 10X0 - alternating sets with bench 1.5mins rest between each

Bar+90lbs 2x5 -
damn fast, felt a lot lighter than the last time I did these - nearly took my head off!

Single ARm DUmbell Rows

Parallel grip - 55lbs x5 - going up 60s next workout
elbows out - 40lbs x10, 45lbs x8

BenchPress

Warmups - 16inch grip Bar x10, 95x5, 135x3
Tempo - 10X0 - alternating sets with rows 1.5mins rest between each

14inch grip - 175lbs x3, 185lbs x3, 205lbs x3,
Rested 3.5 mins then - 225lbs x2

Explosive Reps. 2nd rep of 225lbs slowed way down, would have failed the next rep. Still looks like I've regained most of my strength - I have done 5 reps with 225lbs with a 16inch grip when fresh, so I'm about 2 reps away from that.

Bits and Pieces

Rest - 1min

Prone Sideways cross body single arm laterals - Thumbs up
5kg 2x8 -

30 degree Incline Dumbell Snatch raises - thumbs up - face down

Out to side - 6kg 2x8, Upwards - 5kg 2x8

10 flights of stairs back to carpark
These used to kill my legs and erectors, not anymore :)

Top Bottom