Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Creation of an Explosive Mofo - My Training Journal :)

ahhh now that I think about it, I don't have any room for all this - so I'm stuck with my gym ! :(

Unless I go all dumbells, and lighter weights

Zander1983 said:
No, just a flat bench. I've stacked plates under my bench to incline it. Hardly ideal, but I've only done inclines once or twice anyway.

It hurt me to read this. Ever thought about giving inclines a run at it?

:)

PolishHammer1977 said:
It hurt me to read this. Ever thought about giving inclines a run at it?

:)

Definately, if I had the proper bench. I'll get it eventually, but money doesn't grow on trees unfortunately.

Zander1983 said:

Definately, if I had the proper bench. I'll get it eventually, but money doesn't grow on trees unfortunately.

Im upset that you only have done inclines once or twice. Theres always a way to make it happen man.

When I prop my bench up with plates I can only get a very small incline, since the rest of the plates are on the bar. I can stack them on top of one another but its very unstable/dangerous and the base of the bench slides off.

I have an old adjustable incline/decline bench with leg curl/extension attachment at the end. Its quite clumsy and I'm not sure if it will adequately support the weight I'll be using, but I will definately dig it out from underneath the house and give it a shot.

my workout that day for the curious :)

Thursday 13th November - General Workout - Week 4 - Day 3 - Lower Body 2 - Afternoon

A nice productive session today!

But I was farting every 30secs for some reason...

Workout Rating - 9/10
Workout time - 1.5+ hours

Plyos

rest - 30secs for ankle jumps, 45secs to 1min for rest
Low ankle jumps - 2x15
Med ankle Jumps - 2x10
High ankle jumps - 3x5
Short quick Single leg Horizontal hops 3x10 - 5 each leg
Short Horizontal TuckJumps - 3x5

WarmupCoreWork

Rest - 30secs alternating between each exercise. 1min between pairs.

Back Extensions x8, +10lbs x8
Incline situps x8, +10lbs x8 with Russian twists to each side at the top.

Olys

Warmups - Bar - doing some hang cleans, power cleans , front squats and split jerks.
Rest - 2 mins

All with hookgrip
PowerClean+ SplitJerk - 89lbs x2
PowerClean+ SplitJerk - 109lbs
CleanPull + PowerClean + 2 SplitJerks - 155lbs, 175lbs
PowerClean+ SplitJerk - 175lbs x 5 singles

Form is getting much better. 175lbs felt about right, heavy enough to make me work, but not too heavy as to kill me. But these are tiring all the same, especially since I can't really drop em down after I jerk it. Oh well, lowering em is working my upper body especially my triceps :)

Full Olympic Back Squats - RAW

Warmup sets
Bar x10, 95lbs x5, 135lbs x5, 185lbs x5, 225lbs x5,
Tempo 10X0 rest - 3mins

245lbs x3, 255x3, 265x3, 275x3, 285x3

Total work tonnage = 3975lbs (up 730lbs from last session)

Squats felt pretty good overall, reps were clean and explosive until the last set with 285lbs. Strange thing was that 275lbs felt the most explosive. Form was good too overall.
Heard some threads rip in my shorts, but no tear :)
Form has definitely changed a little bit.

Bits and Pieces

12inch Stepups rest - 1min
+8kg in dumbells 2x10 - each leg

Rest - alternating between each exercise, 1 min between each

Explosive GluteHam Raise on Incline Situp Board
2x5 - using hand to help

Supported Hanging Leg raise curlup extensions
2x10

----------------

Single Leg back extensions
+8kg in dumbells x10 - each leg

-----------
then

Reverse Hypers
BW x10

erectors were like a balloon!

Last edited:
Yesterday when I was warming up and going up in weight I experimented with squatting a few sets with toes slightly curled up. And the squat did feel very differnet, obviously the weight is transferd directly over the heel.
Ok I normally push through the heel anyway, but when I curled my toes up, the ham/glute tie in area was heavily activated. Kinda remined me of boxsquats in a way but different :)

I squat in oly shoes, so I don't know how that effects things

Fridayday 14th November- General Workout - Week 4 - Day 4 - MedBall Throws+Tempo Runs- Late Afternoon

Session time - 40 to 45mins

Warmup
Low ankle jumps 3x10
Medium 1x10
High 2x5
Hip Flexor static stretch - 2x30secs each leg

Overhead MedBall Throws

rest - 2mins
12lb MedBall - 5 sets of 3 throws
5-10 secs between each rep to gather ball

man 12lb ball does feel pretty heavy! I have a Nike solid rubber medball, looks and feels like a BBall.
First time doing these, feels good. These are meant to be pretty intense on the CNS.

Tempo Sprint Runs
Distance - 100metres
Tempo - 20secs, estimated about 60-70% speed.
Reps - 3, 30 secs rest between each.
Sets - 4, 3 minutes between each

Up from 5x2s last week.
Felt good, fitness is definitely improving. Core felt much stronger and more stable, but still needs more work. More spring to the step in the first rep of each set. Maybe the plyos and medball throws helped here :)

Top Bottom