Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Create Your Own Training Method

spatts

High End Bro
Platinum
Instead of doing something someone else thought of, why not make your own program? This would be harder for new people, but for those that have been in the iron game a while, you know what has worked, what hasn't, the extent to which certain muscles respond (or don't respond), etc...

Design the "(Insert your name here) Training Method"

...and tell me what it would look like, based on experience, common sense, and awareness of your OWN body.

Do you train instinctively? Why/why not?

This is precisely why Westside is the Bestside for ME. It IS my own program. People try to make it too complicated. There are only a couple of rules to the basic template.

1. Do Speed Work
2. Do Max Effort work
3. Do accessory work that fits your weakness.

So since the program is based upon my personal weaknesses and the speed work is percentage based off my own strength level...it is "my" program.

Most importantly it is FLUID not static. If it isn't working I change something. My training program is a living breathing thing and it grows with me. Too many people get set in their ways and do the same thing every time they are in the gym...and then they expect different results. In any other scenario that would not make sense...so why should it in the gym??!

Hannibal said:
This is precisely why Westside is the Bestside for ME. It IS my own program. People try to make it too complicated. There are only a couple of rules to the basic template.

1. Do Speed Work
2. Do Max Effort work
3. Do accessory work that fits your weakness.

So since the program is based about my personal weaknesses and the speed work is percentage based off my own strength level...it is my program.

Most importantly it is FLUID not static. If it isn't working I change something. My training program is a living breathing thing and it grows with me. Too many people get set in their ways and do the same thing every time they are in the gym...and then they expect different results. In any other scenario that would not make sense...so why should it in the gym??!

Well you know my response to that. :)

Really simple

3 weeks loading, 2 weeks deloading then PR.

train every musclegroup twice a week, not necassirly with the same exercise.

train explosively with both heavy and light weights

use low reps but more sets

long rest periods

use plyometrics in combo with normal exercises - complexing them

Anyone else? There are like 8-10 popular programs and hundreds of us...who does their OWN thing?

spatts said:
Anyone else? There are like 8-10 popular programs and hundreds of us...who does their OWN thing?

Well I'm trying to come up with my own program. Reading all these different styles and finding what I like and what works.

You see the boxes I made?

Top Bottom