Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Crap I tore my tricep!!

Interesting you ask bo-den.

I'll give you the run down.

I got the surgery dec 2008.

It was "successful" as far as a surgery 4 months after the injury could be.

It took 6 months of constant physio to get full range of motion back.

I had, if lucky, 10% strenght. I couldn't even do a 10lb dumbbell without serious pain.

After a year, I was sick of waiting, and started researching. Prolotherapy seemed to be a good option. It took 16 shots of prolo to get my tendons from 10% to around 70% strength right now. I've basically plateauded there.

I have more pain in my elbow than I do in my other non torn elbow. This is apparently the way I will be for life. It doesn't get in the way of normal day to day activity. I can even ride my motorcycle.

For lifting I have to warm up really good to be able to reach the max 70% strength, and has to be controlled stuff. Dips out of the question. Dumbbell tricep extensions out. Basically the only thing I can do safely is cable pull downs. Too high and risk retearing.

It sucks but I thank God I have 70% and not 10%.

Yeah i fell into the "bigger is better mentality. That's how i messed up my back and my arm.

Thankfully im recovering enought to at least work on getting fit even if im not strong ax an ox anymore.

been there done that as well bro. but my injury was from running.

i totally over did it and paid the price.. i may never be able to run again long distances or sprints. BUT it turned out okay cause i got back into BBing.. so you could end up the same way and falling into something else .. hell maybe you should get into running yourself .. road races are a blast

Top Bottom