Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Couple important things about weightlifting

the.gladiator1987

Platinum
Whats up guys. Here is my list of tips for you to be successful in your training

1) Eat food. Cant tell you how many times I have had a shitty workout due to not getting enough to eat prior to the workout. I can even tell when I didnt have a solid dinner, the next days workout is shitty. Cant get stronger or bigger without food, maybe a little bit temporarily, but not long term. Might as well learn it from the get go that diet is important.

2) Take a pre w/o. Caffeine pills are about 3 bucks for a bottle of 120 tablets lmao. Thats cheap as shit! Research some good ones and take it. You will have way better workouts and be pumped, and the focus will be great. Why not take it, its cheap

3) Take creatine. Same as above except its maybe 10 dollars instead of 3

4) Take a multi vitamin. seriously

5) Rest. This is important. You will need more than the average person. 5-6 hours isnt gonna cut it. Take some naps if you have to.

6) Lift compound movements. Squats, Deads, Bench, BB Military press, Dips, Pullups, Power cleans, Push presses. Gotta lift heavy weight no matter what. You can still do your 12 rep isolation lifts, but do them AFTER your heavy lifts. At the end of the day I like to think about how much weight I just lifted, and in order to lift the most weight, you're gonna have to man the F up and do the hard lifts and do em heavy

7) 5x5 if you are a beginner. If anyone disagrees with this, then they really need to have another look at the 5x5. It is simple, which is real important for beginners. It only includes the necessary lifts. You hit most of your lifts 2x a week so you are learning it better and getting more efficient at it from the get go. You will see steady strength and size gains as long as you eat.

8) Stick to your program for longer than 4 weeks. Dont keep changing shit up. If you arent gaining then you need to look at your diet, sleep, your volume of training, stress, supplements. You cant keep doing the same thing over and over, but you also need to stay committed to one thing until you stall.

9) Drop the fat. If you are overweight, your first priority should be to lose the fat, NOT gain muscle. If you are a strongman/powerlifter and are competing, then this doesnt apply to you. This applies to everyone that wants to get bigger but im telling you right now its SO much better to start getting bigger when you are lean. You will see way more results, youll be more confident, youll be more healthy.

10) Do some kind of cardio. Anything. Good for your heart. Heavy lifting does get your heart rate up, but its not enough if you wanna be in good shape. I believe a person that is into weightlifting should ultimately be into every aspect of fitness, as you will live a longer and healthier life. Just my opinion

11) Stretch. Do some warm ups before working out and do some static holds after the workout. Make sure you get a good sweat for your warmup, its not meant to be super easy.

12) Keep a log. Write down all your workouts. This way you wont be confused with what you did last week, or how many sets you did, or how many reps, etc.

13) Dont do so much isolation until you get your heavy compund lifts up.

Please feel free to add bro's. These are just my opinion. In my defense, I have
squatted 455x1, 405x5
deadlifted 500x5
benched 395x1, 315x9
Standing BTN BB Military press 225x7.

This is what has worked for me. I need to actually start doing a couple of these more religiously.

good advice bro.

only thing I would push as very very optional would be caffeine before a workout. don't want to get hooked on a stimulant and dependent on it. or have it screw with your rest that night. I would pop some power chews instead. bcaa's, creatine, and a bunch of other ingredients which will push you during your workout.. and it won't mess with your head like caffeine will or your stomach like whey will.

otherwise excellent post. agree on every other point to a tee.

Last edited:
Good post Glad....nice and simple but great info for new lifters and a great reminder to the rest of us that may have forgot some of this :)

Levels of "fat" are very relative depending on what your goals are...Plus I could think of much better pre-workout supplements that caffeine...otherwise, great post.

and those are lifts for a 21 year old too, not a 20 year lifting vet, albeit he has been 21 for 3 years now lol

and those are lifts for a 21 year old too, not a 20 year lifting vet, albeit he has been 21 for 3 years now lol

and the dude has 3 jobs with a kid so I can see why he needs a lot of caffeine.

i live alone so i get 8 hours of pure sleep with zero disturbance.

not everyone can afford n2kts or superpump max or 1rm or whatever u guys use. glad should do a inner city kids supplement regime.

id take advice from him. most 21 yr olds rely singly on their age and metabolism to get lean and have no clue about anything. he is a well built kid who has clearly put his time in for his age.

Top Bottom