Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Core

themondtster

What are the best core exercises to do to help with heavy lifts like Squats and deadlifts?

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

assuming you mean core-specific, rather than variations of the big lifts... i would say goodmornings are probably the most useful...
now as far as variations go... zerchers have become one of my favorite moves... i feel it supplements both the squat and deadlift execllently...

I have a "core day" in my weekly routine...more or less just don't want to waste a day so I do bi's and core....but have mainly been doing crunches and various planks, rotation exercises. It just seems like I should be doing something heavy maybe because I can feel my platue coming on.

Thanks. They don't feel week at all just if it could affect it in the future I wanted to go ahead and start working them right. As far as the platue its due any way. I'm at the end of my 10 week plan and I've already passed my goals. About time to deload and start again.

trap bar deadlifts and box squats are great, rack pulls aswell IMO

rack lockouts are also pretty awesome for improving your benchpress and tricep/shoulder strength

personyl ive always felt for deadlifts upper back strength is more important, while for squats glutes and loer back really are wat ya need to strengthen

Imma have to look into some of those. I'm kinda limited at the gym I'm at now till they finish building this new one that's supposed to be loaded and 24 hrs. If anything the Goodmornings Moya suggested.

goodmorning's and zercher squats will most definately improve your squat and dead, both will help both...
just remember that these are accessory lifts used to supplement your deads and squats...
i will agree with bloke about direct ab work... i dont belive it helps those lifts signifigantly... my abs are so strong from the squats and deads, if i miss a max bench, i can roll it down a hair and do a situp with it...

Top Bottom