Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

contradicting shit. confused to hell. how much to train?

E

Elite_Fry

hey who read my post in the diet board? :p

I was talking to this guy who owned a bodybuilding store (he used to compete and shit). Anyway we ended up talking for about an hour and he started talking about his routine that he use to do. 1 bodypart per day and worked out Mon-Fri and took the weekends off. When he works out for each bodypart he did about 25-30 sets for each part, 30 seconds break between each set. 6 to 10 reps.

Another thing he said which interested me was he said when yourve finished your workout, if you flex and you can feel the muscle, you HAVE NOT worked out enough. You should be like "Where the fuck is my muscle, i've just done this workout and theres no fucken muscle". Any opinions on this?

Now most people on here say do like 12-15 sets and dont workout more than 2 or 3 days in a row.

So that just contradicted what most people on here say. Any opinions on what this guy said?

Any ideas??

Thanks

the only experience I have is my own, but the advice you were given works pretty good for me as far as getting pumped and such... I mix it up all the time... heavier some times, lighter others... I think the key for ME has been not stressing so much on the sets and reps (though like I said, that sounded like a pretty good plan to me!) and just chasing the burn and the pump... whatever it takes to make whatever I'm trying to hit burn? that's what I'm gonna do... sometimes I need more weight and fewer reps, others less weight and more reps...

I think different shit works for different people... you just gotta get in there and keep at it... try different weights/reps, different splits, etc. I never do the same workout or the same split for more than two weeks straight... and to be honest with you, I haven't done a particular workout the same way twice in a WHILE... I keep the shit fluid... sometimes I'm working every body part every 4-5 days, sometimes every 6-7 days

don't get TOO hung up on numbers... numbers are in your head... sure, they act as guides and are a necessary component, but we're working on your body... get fuckin' mad... :mad: take all your anger and fear and frustration and focus it on lighting a fire in your muscles!!

flubberboy said:
hey who read my post in the diet board? :p

I was talking to this guy who owned a bodybuilding store (he used to compete and shit). Anyway we ended up talking for about an hour and he started talking about his routine that he use to do. 1 bodypart per day and worked out Mon-Fri and took the weekends off. When he works out for each bodypart he did about 25-30 sets for each part, 30 seconds break between each set. 6 to 10 reps.

Another thing he said which interested me was he said when yourve finished your workout, if you flex and you can feel the muscle, you HAVE NOT worked out enough. You should be like "Where the fuck is my muscle, i've just done this workout and theres no fucken muscle". Any opinions on this?

Now most people on here say do like 12-15 sets and dont workout more than 2 or 3 days in a row.

So that just contradicted what most people on here say. Any opinions on what this guy said?

Any ideas??

Thanks

6 day per week routine s is great!

muscles like when they are hit 3x per week.

Long live Arnold!

Re: Re: contradicting shit. confused to hell. how much to train?

SSAlexSS said:

6 day per week routine s is great!

muscles like when they are hit 3x per week.

Long live Arnold!

If you're planning on following a routine even close to Arnold's, you'd better be on a boat load of juice as there is no way a natural trainer could recover from that sort of volume.

My .002 is that 25-30 sets is way too much, I rarely go above 10-12 and have found I respond best to that, it's all about the intensity that you put into each and every set, if you're going 100% then there is no way you could do that many sets.

for me low sets and heavy weight works best. Large muscle groups get 9 sets each, and smaller muscle groups get anywhere from 5-7 sets each, all sets done to failure.

I also do much better on a 3 day a week program, rather then working out everyday, or even two days in a row.

what do you think about the comment/???

when yourve finished your workout, if you flex and you can feel the muscle, you HAVE NOT worked out enough. You should be like "Where the fuck is my muscle, i've just done this workout and theres no fucken muscle".

After my workout, I feel wasted and get very little feel when flexing but I don't know if that is an indicator. My vascularity actually gets worse after a workout but returns the next morning. I go fewer sets 9-12 and heavy weights most of the time but switch for a few weeks every three months or so. Recently started burnout sets at the end of each muscle group, feeling very good results with that.

6 days a week is something pushed by badmitton heros like NYCBoy. I'm convinced that its a genetic thing bro. I make my best gains from 3 brutal days a week. I have buddies that go with only 1 day off and continue to make progress. This sucks because I'd love to lift everyday, but it just won't work for me. You just have to figure it out for yourself.

Genetics play a massive role in your ability to lift and recover. Experience will tell you how much your body can handle.

As for the pumped effect and not feeling the muscle i would agree. If you have worked a muscle thoroughly it should be pumped full of blood naturally and won't feel any bigger when you flex.

JG1 said:
for me low sets and heavy weight works best. Large muscle groups get 9 sets each, and smaller muscle groups get anywhere from 5-7 sets each, all sets done to failure.

I also do much better on a 3 day a week program, rather then working out everyday, or even two days in a row.

A voice of reason!!

Top Bottom