Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

contradicting shit. confused to hell. how much to train?

Ask him if he does juice, and then you'll know for sure why he lifts that way.....
Seriously though some people just respond better to more workout days. I can't go more than 4 days a week, cause my body starts breaking down and not recovering. But at the end of each of my workouts the muscle groups I tained are shot to the point were i couldn't flex if i wanted too. I cn barely drive home after legs day and after chest and shoulders I can barely lift my arms to brush my teeth.

Just be intense and figure out where you body fits in the schedule.....

Re: Re: Re: contradicting shit. confused to hell. how much to train?

needsize said:

If you're planning on following a routine even close to Arnold's, you'd better be on a boat load of juice as there is no way a natural trainer could recover from that sort of volume.

My .002 is that 25-30 sets is way too much, I rarely go above 10-12 and have found I respond best to that, it's all about the intensity that you put into each and every set, if you're going 100% then there is no way you could do that many sets.

But you shouldnt go to failure if size and strength is your goal!!!

You should not mimic a car accident in the gym!

High results are only achivable with high loading. You need to drain you muscle.

You cant drain your muscle in one set (unless you like do 30+ reps, but who does it) BUT you fatigue yourself so much that you overtrain doing more.

Leave melodram where it belongs, on a crash site.

Thaibox said:
6 days a week is something pushed by badmitton heros like NYCBoy. I'm convinced that its a genetic thing bro. I make my best gains from 3 brutal days a week. I have buddies that go with only 1 day off and continue to make progress. This sucks because I'd love to lift everyday, but it just won't work for me. You just have to figure it out for yourself.

Weight trainign needs toi be that. LIFTING HEAVY WEIGHTS.

Not seeing how much your partner can row your bench.

VOLUME + HEAVY WEIGHT = GOOD RESULTS.

Few HIT sets = worsening of nervous system, CATABOLIC SPIKE, and unable to do more sets. Each of those contributes to overtraining. You can ALMOST eliminated overtraining from your training by having 1-2 good reps left in your tank!

Lord_Suston said:
Ask him if he does juice, and then you'll know for sure why he lifts that way.....
Seriously though some people just respond better to more workout days. I can't go more than 4 days a week, cause my body starts breaking down and not recovering. But at the end of each of my workouts the muscle groups I tained are shot to the point were i couldn't flex if i wanted too. I cn barely drive home after legs day and after chest and shoulders I can barely lift my arms to brush my teeth.

Just be intense and figure out where you body fits in the schedule.....

Weight training needs to be productive and not ruining. If you feel that way than you are doing too much in terms of ruining your results.

More frequent and more voluminous trainings are far ssuperior to few rip your tendonds out workouts!

Re: Re: Re: Re: contradicting shit. confused to hell. how much to train?

SSAlexSS said:

But you shouldnt go to failure if size and strength is your goal!!!

I don't agree with that at all. I've been training for 10 years now, since I was 15, and have always trained to failure. Low sets, heavy weights, and hitting failure every sets works. I went from 127lbs when I started working out, to 245lbs as I am today....only an inch taller then I was 10 years ago.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: contradicting shit. confused to hell. how much to train?

JG1 said:

I don't agree with that at all. I've been training for 10 years now, since I was 15, and have always trained to failure. Low sets, heavy weights, and hitting failure every sets works. I went from 127lbs when I started working out, to 245lbs as I am today....only an inch taller then I was 10 years ago.

Well good genetics can make a bad program work.

BUT, how do you know that this program would give you more progress than that prograM???

Maybe you would have been even larger or quicker to reach the size?

Look. Years of research and tones of information are behind "dont go to failure" maxim. Its not just who is saying it.
I am not a mad Russian scientist after all.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: contradicting shit. confused to hell. how much to train?

SSAlexSS said:

Well good genetics can make a bad program work.

BUT, how do you know that this program would give you more progress than that prograM???

Maybe you would have been even larger or quicker to reach the size?

Look. Years of research and tones of information are behind "dont go to failure" maxim. Its not just who is saying it.
I am not a mad Russian scientist after all.

LOL, well I don't consider my program to be a bad one, and believe me I don't have great genetics.

I've always stuck to what works for me. I've experimented with higher volume, lower intensity training in the past, and didn't like it nor did I gain much from it. I have seen all to many people do a high volume medium intensity routine, and they're physique has never changed.......while my low volume high intensity has always kept me growing.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: contradicting shit. confused to hell. how much to train?

JG1 said:

LOL, well I don't consider my program to be a bad one, and believe me I don't have great genetics.

I've always stuck to what works for me. I've experimented with higher volume, lower intensity training in the past, and didn't like it nor did I gain much from it. I have seen all to many people do a high volume medium intensity routine, and they're physique has never changed.......while my low volume high intensity has always kept me growing.

if it works for you really well better than other programs, great.

However high volume loading is still the way to go for most trainees. High volume doesnt contain errors like HIT and similiar programs do.

And hey high volume has been proven to work by 100s of bodybuilders.

There has been only like 2 world class HIT bodybuilders.
One got injured all over his body and another got big mental probelms.

Can you guess who I am talking about?

If he was competing, he was juicing. Period. "Competing" funcitons here as a euphemism like "Monica Brant has decided to stop competing."

Keep that in mind with his advice. He may just assume that you are too or soon will be. After all, it´s the only way to get any big increase in muscle size, man or woman.

aurelius said:
If he was competing, he was juicing. Period. "Competing" funcitons here as a euphemism like "Monica Brant has decided to stop competing."

Keep that in mind with his advice. He may just assume that you are too or soon will be. After all, it´s the only way to get any big increase in muscle size, man or woman.

Yeh steroids do allow you to gain more muscle. But naturally you CAN workout to a juiceres split. You just dont lift so heavy or lift so long or dont go to failure.

People are getting less and less serious nowadays about building big muscles and training a lot.

oh well. No wonder why 50% of people drop out in first 6 weeks. They cant commit themselves to do it!

Top Bottom