Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Completely Useless Equipment Thread

I think the way most people do ellipticals in useless. However when I first started working out I would use the elliptical and go really hard for like 15 to 20 minutes and keep increasing the intensity, time or strides per minute each workout. This actually got me in really great cardio shape at the time. However most people just kind of stride aimlessly along for 45 minutes to an hour and burn some calories but just teach their body to conserve calories overall, completely useless.

I think if you use it correctly though it can be great, although running has many advantages over it

I would do cable cross-overs. Decline presses are a waste of energy.

Decline presses put your chest in the strongest position... They also give the strongest contractions.

Besides you used decline presses in your DC log last year.

lol @ cable crossovers

you're saying decline presses are a waste of energy but decline cable flyes are worth doing?

I'm just saying bro like I did in another thread, you should see that what has worked for you in the past isn't necessarily what works for everyone.

For example, you use the smith machine for presses, many people hate doing that.

seated calf raises, dumbest fukin calf raise machine in existance, dont know how guys ever get ther legs under them wen its heavy

The ones I've used have a lever with a bar that supports the weight until you lift and move it aside.

As far as the low impact cardio workout, ride a spin bike. Or better yet, get out and ride a real one.

For me it's the shoulder press machine (I can't stand machines in general, but especially the shoulder press machine). I think what really gets me (aside from the general inferiority of machines in general) are those guys who wander into the gym, stack a couple of 45s on the shoulder press machine, grind out a few wrist-snapping, vertebrae-crushing reps, and then wince, stretch, and windmill their shoulders to show everyone what a "hard" workout they're doing.

Sure, you can do 180lb shoulder presses when a bunch of steel and bolts are keeping the weight running along the same path, but I dare you to go grab two 90lb dumbbells and try again... just make sure you've got a good spotter and your insurance card handy.

My gym has a giant hammer type machine for calves. You sit in it and push out with your toes. It is plate loaded and bigger than the leg press machine next to it--which is much better and easier for calves. Nobody uses this machine yet it is the biggest machine in a two story Gold's Gym.

RD

:mad::mad::mad::mad:Not only most useless but also most distructive....wait for it.............................wait for it..............................................FUCKING LEG EXTENSION MACHINE!
Biggest POS ever developed for leg work. The single most body damaging machine in existance:mad::mad::mad::mad:!

The shake weight!!!!!! lol maybe if you need some practice in the bedroom, its not COMPLETELY useless. but for building any sort of size or shape. I dont see it happening. God why didnt I think of this before. That mother f-er is rich off that stupid thing. im getting angry now...........lol

Top Bottom