Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

comparing my bi+back workout to my chest+tri workout

Stanknogger

Here is the problem, after bi+back day my biceps are usually sore as fuck for the next few days and my back feels a little tight but no real soreness. After chest+tri day my chest is usually sore as fuck, and my tris just a little tight. Here is what I am doing

bi+back
======
3 sets seated row
3 sets lat pulls
3 sets bent over row, dumbells
3 sets pullover machine
3 sets preacher curls
(misc. sets of pullups)

chest+tri
======
3 sets flat bench
3 sets inclined bench
3 sets declines
3 sets pec deck
3 sets tricep pushdowns
(misc sets of dips)

So my questionis, do you think im getting adequate workout for my back + my tris. If so, how come they are never sore while the other muscles I work on those days are sore as hell. Should I add a nother 3 sets of tricep workout, should I add T-bar rows or something too?

Dang, I know I push just as hard on my back+tris as I do on my bis+chest...any ideas???!?

you are doing no direct tri work,unless you are doing everything closegrip.where are your skull crushers,d/b extensions,etc.you're hittin the chest but lacking on the tri's,go with:

skull crushers(w/ez curl bar)
pushdowns
d/b extension(overhead)
there are so many,just need to find some that work for ya'.also,how's your form on back?are you pulling more with your bi's then pulling back with elbows first?stick to 2-3 exrcises for back and work on form.....i like to start a workout with a couple sets of pull ups to warm up , bent over barbell row,seated rows or chest supported rows.......hope i helped a little,man.

Yeah I actually start with pullups. I'll add some skull crushers + stuff. I thought my pushdowns were direct tri work.

Anyway my form on my back stuff is pretty good. It could be better no doubt. Ill work on it.

thanks!!

cool bro.the pushdowns are direct tri work but you won't put mass on with them alone,straight bar extensions,skull crushers(ez curl bar),close grip bench,those are ther ones we use to hit em' good...........PEACE;)

Top Bottom