Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Combining two different workouts

aug1516x

I was looking for a little advice on combining two different types of workouts. I am currently on Needsize's 5x5 program which is working out great, I am going to start on some Military type program that will incorporate things like pushups, pullups, situps, and crunches. These exercises are supposed to be done M/W/F but I was thinking if I did that it could certainly have a negative impact on my weight training. Anyone have any ideas on a good way to make these two programs work together? I am currently on a 4 days split with the 5x5 but I can change things if needed.

Most of those excercises could be incorporated into the 5x5. I don't see the point however, in doing two different workouts at the same time.

So are you referring to doing the pushups during the last part of the 5x5 workout? I would obviously have to do more than 8-11 of them but I guess that could work. The purpose of these two workouts was for me to build up strength and endurance.

I think you're gonna have to pick one or the other. You can add pushups to any workout, although I think pullups and crunches would be far more beneficial.

As far as doing two separate workouts, one for strength and one for endurance, well, that's kinda like doing two different diets, one for cutting, one for bulking. You can't really do both.

Top Bottom