Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Combat sports

shishi5

What routine of lifting would someone who competes in grappling do to prepare for a competition ? On top of all the classes and sparrings, how many times a week should they lift?

most dont. so i would follow that advise. but i cant keep strength without some heavy resistance; so when i am training training muay thai, i go in gym 1x week. do whole body in compound ex only. like 1-2 sets. 3-5 reps. a rep or 2 short of failure. so like
rack deadlift, bb rows, chest press, leg press. done. but thats me and maybe inly a few other guys i meet. most dont. they do explosive stuff like burbees and cardio like running/ skipping. most grapplers i know do nothing but train bjj. thats it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you over train yourself with 2 different sports like this you will only end up hurting yourself

do light weight training on your off days and i do mean light if you want to focus on grappling. you can always go back to weight training in the future

They would do body weight functional movements. Push ups. Pulls ups. Walking lunges. Things like that.

I would focus more on the practice aspect vs a specific lifting program. I wouldnt go super heavy and risk injury though. Just a basic exercise program to stay in shape.

Top Bottom