Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Closer grip on incline bench to emphasize pecs more?

Slowmo21

I read somewhere that going wide (not excessively but a normal wide grip) makes you use delts a lot in the press and that a closer grip would enable you to use more pecs (as the delts wouldn't be in a strong position). Any truth to this? How close should it be? I'm not looking for powerlifting advice, just want to emphasize the pecs for BB'ing. I know that you should squeeze the shoulder blades together throughout the whole set, maintain a slight arch etc. Just wondering about the grip.

I do a close grip movement for my TRICEPS, not pecs. the angle of the incline is primarily affects delts. higher inclin= more delts

Well...I bring my grip in a bit on flat bench so I will take some of the strain off of my delts (rotator cuffs)...so I do the same on inclines.

On an incline...the strain is put more directly on your delts anyway because of the incline angle...so why not bring in your grip a bit to work the pecs more? I do... My widest grip on either exercise is pinky on the power rings...

B True

Top Bottom