Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Close grip bench and regular bench on same day?

Elusus

I recently started getting seriously into weight lifting, and I decided to try needsize's 5x5. Tomorrow is my Chest/Tri day.. on my back day, I ended up switching my routine a bit, adding an extra day solely for biceps, because I couldn't do crap after deads/back. I am sorta stretched in terms of times, and don't wanna move tris, to the same day as bis.. ANYWAY

Is it ok to do 5x5 benchpress, and the two supporting 8-10 chest exercises, AND close-grip bench 5x5, and 2 tri exercises.. I know close-grip bench is meant for tris, but does it hit the chest too much, resulting in overtraining?

I do flat dumbell bench incline barbell weighted dips and close grip bench, thats pretty much it for my chest tri day. For the DB bench, dips and close grip I do 2 sets at 90% 1rm with long rests then drop to 80% 1 rm and kick out sets of 5 reps until I cant complete 5 reps with a 30 second rest between sets.

I do them on the same day since i do chest + tris on the same day. The close grips are so painful it's not even funny. All worth it though.

In WSB training we always do a "regular" and a "close" in the same workout, back to back.

alright, thanks a lot guys, I'll give the regular/close grip benches a shot tomorrow and see how it goes

Keep in mind that when I say that I'm talking about a PL style bench, so it's really like the 2nd move (the close grip one) is for triceps.

Top Bottom