Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Close grip bench press

bonacris

Banned
How close should my hands be together.. used have been maybe 6 inches apart but starting to think they should be wider

Sent from my GT-N7100 using EliteFitness

I don't think there is any benefit to having them narrower than shoulder width otherwise all you are doing is putting too much strain on your wrists.

I'm thinking it could to be the reason I've been having some shoulder issues lately.. so slightly wider than shoulder width is ok

Sent from my GT-N7100 using EliteFitness

I don't think there is any benefit to having them narrower than shoulder width otherwise all you are doing is putting too much strain on your wrists.

+1....way too much pressure on the wrists with too close a grip.

Reverse grip bench press is the king of all tricep exercises, IMO

Close grip bench press should be just barely inside shoulder width. Anything inside or outside of this puts too much strain or emphasis on other areas rather than putting it where it should be in the triceps, and also opens you up for injury

Hey..
As far as i think 6 inches are too narrow.. i think you should add couple of inches in your grip it would be good for you

Top Bottom