Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cleans, hang cleans, and push presses for bodybuilding?

wutangnomo

I just started doing these powerlifting exercises to change things up. I do enjoy them because of the increase in explosiveness and stregth. However, how effective are these exercises with respect to bodybuilding? Thanks for the opinions.

wutangnomo said:
I just started doing these powerlifting exercises to change things up. I do enjoy them because of the increase in explosiveness and stregth. However, how effective are these exercises with respect to bodybuilding? Thanks for the opinions.

Those are Olympic Lifting exercises, not powerlifting. in terms of bodybuilding, i think they have been shown to help lose bodyfat or keep it off. pushpresses are a good triceps exercise. if you do squatcleans with decent weight you can expect some strengthening and probably growth in your abs, quads and erectors.

I think if you do a lot of cleans, snatches, and push presses/jerks.. You will build a VERY impressive upper back.

Not to mention shoulders, traps, forearms and all your core muscles. The clean and press/jerk when done with maximum poundages for reps is a systemic and synergistic movement involving all your joints (ankle, knee, hip, wrist, elbow, shoulder) and many muscles to complete the move which ultimately will send signals throughout your entire body to adapt and GROW to meet the demands placed on all the muscles involved.

Pump on .....

Top Bottom