Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cleans

Robbo1980

The cleans movement is in a programme I'm going to try , could you guys help me a bit on the technique please. It comes under the shoulders category but when I look at some vids on this it seems like it works you quads more? Is it like a clean but without the jerk right? Maybe I'm wrong ....

The cleans movement is in a programme I'm going to try , could you guys help me a bit on the technique please. It comes under the shoulders category but when I look at some vids on this it seems like it works you quads more? Is it like a clean but without the jerk right? Maybe I'm wrong ....

I know some love the clean, but from my experience its one of those exercises you want to avoid unless your an athlete that could benefit from the explosiveness it provides. Even then you want to do them with light enough weight that technique is spot on. This is an exercise where there is little room for error. If your just looking to get big and strong then there is no need to do cleans at all IMO.

I think cleans are an excellent lift. I like it because its a full body lift, you get legs, hips, lats, arms, traps, and upper back all in one.

I found that doing a clean from the hang position with a quick rock forward and back with a quick pull up to a flip works incredibly well. Just make sure you use weights that don't make you compromise form.

Thanks guys, this cleans movement comes under a shoulder workout with other various exercises that I'm more familiar with, think I'm just going do straight bar push ups instead of this as the technique to this movement is essential for maximum benefit. It is the whole flic and bend knees then up movement right , just unsure on it?

Thanks guys, this cleans movement comes under a shoulder workout with other various exercises that I'm more familiar with, think I'm just going do straight bar push ups instead of this as the technique to this movement is essential for maximum benefit. It is the whole flic and bend knees then up movement right , just unsure on it?

It depends how you want to use it. I've seen guys stand there and just pull it up and flip under like I do, or I've seen the crouch, pull up, and flip under.

Its hard to categorize the clean by muscle group because it works so many. In the Jefit program it is listed as a leg exercise. Shoulders is not a good place to put it.

For overall body conditioning no one exercise beats the clean. Technique is important, and it is not easy to teach through forum posts. Check some youtube videos, and have someone experienced watch you.

I am a competitive weightlifter and granted the clean is not good for body building per se I would argue that any exercise that you are pulling weight off the ground is a tremendous back builder. The 1st pull in the clean initiated by the quads hamstrings and glutes but the lats and traps have to contract isometrically to pull the bar back into your hips for the 2nd pull. Overall the clean is a full body exercise and as the previous gentleman stated a great exercise for overall strength and conditioning. When I clean 375lbs my whole body is exhausted. Period!

Top Bottom