Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

CKD for someone who only does cardio (no weight training)

10InchMember

My girlfriend is going to do the CKD diet with me, but she doesnt train with weights. She has a good amount of weight to lose so she is trying to stay focused with one goal at a time.

My question is, what is the best way for her to run the CKD? Should she still do carb up once a week... what about the depletion workout?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
10InchMember said:
My question is, what is the best way for her to run the CKD? Should she still do carb up once a week... what about the depletion workout?

To run a standard CKD without doing weight training is pointless. The purpose of the carb-up is to replenish muscle glycogen lost through heavy resistance training - cardio simply doesn't deplete enough glycogen to warrant weekly carb-ups.

Having a significant amount of fat to lose is no excuse not to weight train. In fact, adding it to her program will speed her to her goal. Whereas eating large amounts of carbs every 7 days when it's likely that only her liver will be totally bereft of glycogen, and legs partially depleted, will result in very little fat loss, if not fat gain.

Either hook up your girl with an Elite account, or let her use yours, and send her over to the Women's forum. The ladies there are incredibly helpful and knowledgeable, and I'm sure we can create a great program for her.

Thanks for the info :)

I am going to tell her to get her arse over here asap ;)

Top Bottom