Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

CK's West Side Journal

8/25/02 - Speed Bench w/o

Yup its Sunday and I arrived in New Orleans late last night for a conference!... Usually I w/o on Monday but I figured with Burbon Street calling my name I 'd better get a early start on my w/o if I planned on getting anything done while in New Orleans

I found a gym on Canal Street call Downtown Athletic Club or something like that.. It was a decent gym but by no means hardcore..

Bench
155 x 3 x 12 sets ( 3 grip variation - wide, med, close)
255 x 2

DB Tri Ext (overhead)
35 x 10
45 x 10
55 x 6 x 2 sets

Tri Pushdown
80 x 10
60 x 10 x 2

DB Cleans
30's x 8 x 3

DB Side Lateral Raise
8# x 6 x 3 (hold on last rep for max time)

That's it.. no pics.. sorry.. didn't take camera with me!

CK, did you do the 155 x 3 x 12 for speed and then try some heavier for just one set, or were those speed too?

8/26/02 ME DeadLifts

Another NewOrleans W/O!..

This one was much more interesting because I was hung over and tired from lack of sleep and the gym didn't have much of the equipment I needed and I had people watching me do deads with a 'WTF?' attitude...

Deadlift (from floor)
135 x 10
255 x 3
315 x 3
430 (missed on lockout)
415 (no start.. tired)
315 x 6
*Last week of deads.. will swith do GM next week

Leg Curls *No Glute Ham Raise at gym :(
130 x 8 x 4

Pull Tru
70 x 20 x 2 *max weight at machine i could use for exercise :(

Hypers *no reverse-hyper chair :(
bw x 10 x 2

Squat
225 x 6 x 2
*thew it in becuase I was angry about lack of intensity in w/o

too much Burbon Street ! :) :(

spatts said:
CK, did you do the 155 x 3 x 12 for speed and then try some heavier for just one set, or were those speed too?

yup the heavier set was just to see what i had left.. didn't do it for speed..

When you go back and do 315 x 6...I was wondering why you do that? Is it so reach failure? Increase your time under tension? Etc....?

08/29/02 - ME Bench

I'm home.. but I'm wiped out from lack of sleep and standing all day at tha conference in a booth and then going to burbon street all night!.. great place.. too hot this time of year down there though :)

Max Bench ( 3 board)
135 x 3
225 x 3
275 (missed on bottom)
275 (missed on bottom)
250 (missed on lockout)

Well.. first really crappy w/o in a long time.. I just hung it up after that.. I've had a pounding headache all day and feel real weak.. better to just take a day off then push a bad situation I guess

:(

spatts said:
When you go back and do 315 x 6...I was wondering why you do that? Is it so reach failure? Increase your time under tension? Etc....?

wanted to increase TUT.. I should have gotten 430 :(

Top Bottom