Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Circular training for comeback - opinions

Neizvestas

How should I return to training after a month and a half of rest. Should I do the normal split of particular muscle grous on certain days, or I should do a couple of weeks of circular training to make all the muscles work a little bit.

It surely is a good idea to do this kind of training - this way you will be shaking a bit all muscle groups without overloading them right away. In bodybuilding you need to be gradual in everything, and when coming back, you need to be gradual with the weights you lift. If you are not going to lift heavy, then lift a lot with different muscles.

After a couple of weeks in this regimen, you can start lifting heavier and focusing on particular muscle groups on each training day. Personally, I do the same after my breaks - feels like my body is better conditioned after a couple of weeks with this regimen of training.

the key here is going to be patience.. you will be sore at first as your body gets conditioned again. you will have to accept that you will be much weaker but the good news is body and muscle memory will prevail and you will be back in no time.

as for what type of workout.. a split routine will work fine but you will need more patience

I would just do whatever type of routine you enjoy just go a bit lighter for the first few days. You have not been off that long so it will come back very quickly.

I like the idea of easing back into things and doing some circuit training before starting a traditional workout split where you prioritize a different body part each day.

I would train your whole body 3 days per week as a circuit for 2-3 weeks and then get back into a regular workout split. It'll get your body used to lifting weights again before you transition into heavier weights and higher volume workouts.

Top Bottom